Pre-built Signals.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Eric1704

Pre-built Signals.

Postby Eric1704 » 05 Jan 2023

Hello. I see MC has a pre-built Signal for Profit Target LX and SX. It is in dollars though. Do they have one in ticks rather than a dollar amount. Like a stop and target value in ticks instead of dollars? Can stops and targets be placed in ticks in Multi Charts?
Thanks.

ABC

Re: Pre-built Signals.

Postby ABC » 06 Jan 2023

Eric1704,

Multicharts has reserved words that would compute a tick based target or stop - namely SetProfitTarget_PT and SetStopLoss_PT.
You could create your own versions of Profit Target LX and SX by replacing SetProfitTarget. I would just suggest to do this a strategy with a different name, to avoid an updating overwriting your code changes.

Regards,

ABC
Hello. I see MC has a pre-built Signal for Profit Target LX and SX. It is in dollars though. Do they have one in ticks rather than a dollar amount. Like a stop and target value in ticks instead of dollars? Can stops and targets be placed in ticks in Multi Charts?
Thanks.

Eric1704

Postby Eric1704 » 06 Jan 2023

Eric1704,

Multicharts has reserved words that would compute a tick based target or stop - namely SetProfitTarget_PT and SetStopLoss_PT.
You could create your own versions of Profit Target LX and SX by replacing SetProfitTarget. I would just suggest to do this a strategy with a different name, to avoid an updating overwriting your code changes.

Regards,

ABC
Thanks.
Thanks. Something like this? AM new to MC. On the bottom of the curve yet.

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = false]
inputs: Amount( 5 ), PositionBasis( false ) ;

if PositionBasis then
SetStopPosition
else
SetStopShare ;

if MarketPosition = 1 then
SetProfitTarget_PT( Amount ) ;

And 5 will be the tick value, correct?
Thanks.

TJ

Postby TJ » 07 Jan 2023

See post #1 & #2
viewtopic.php?t=11713

Eric1704

Postby Eric1704 » 07 Jan 2023

Is this correct?

Thanks. Something like this? AM new to MC. On the bottom of the curve yet.

Code: Select all

[IntrabarOrderGeneration = false] inputs: Amount( 5 ), PositionBasis( false ) ; if PositionBasis then SetStopPosition else SetStopShare ; if MarketPosition = 1 then SetProfitTarget_PT( Amount ) ;
And 5 will be the tick value, correct?
Thanks.

Return to “MultiCharts”