Turning on automation

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
svh002

Turning on automation

Postby svh002 » 12 Jan 2023

Hello
I have a noob question regarding live trading with multicharts and Interactive brokers.
I want to turn on a strategy to start trading live, however, it's a multiday trend following that has been short for several days now making a good profit.
I don't want to open the position now, because I believe entering the trade so late would end in a loss in my account (even if it closes the theoretical position in a profit.)
However, I don't want to wait for it to close the position before activating the automation because I can't be looking and the computer the whole day and It's very likely it will reverse the position and be in the market again, thus keeping me out.
The question is, if a turn on the strategy Async, but tell multicharts to start "flat" From broker, instead of "Short" From chart.... (please see image)
will it ignore the order to close the current position but send the order to open the next one?
Thanks so much!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-12 124244.png
(19.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Svetlana MultiCharts

Re: Turning on automation

Postby Svetlana MultiCharts » 18 Jan 2023

Hi svh002,

When having the open position in the chart, and selecting the flat position as the initial position for the strategy in AA mode, MultiCharts will send to the broker any entry that is generated by the strategy, with the volume that is generated by the strategy. No exits will be sent.
Please use Paper Trader or a demo account to test it safely.

Return to “MultiCharts”