Global Variables compile error

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Vik

Global Variables compile error

Postby Vik » 18 Jan 2023

Hello,

When try to use AccuracyGetNamed functions in my signal then get a compile error like "The name 'AccuracyGetNamedDouble' does not exist in the current context".

Few people said in forums that GlobalVariables.dll is now included in my MC64 but I can't find it there. Where to find / download GlobalVariables.dll?

Also it is important for me to have a support of string type values. GlobalVariables.dll v2.2 does support it but seems there is no AccuracyGetNamedString function according to this website - https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Variables.

Thanks,
Vik

ABC

Re: Global Variables compile error

Postby ABC » 18 Jan 2023

Vik,

you are posting in the MC.NET section of the forum. Are you trying to use the functions in Multicharts.NET? Additionally, it appears you are not using native functions that are provided with GlobalVariables, but 3rd party functions (@ Multicharts: I am not sure why the wiki article suggest using these functions starting with "Accuracy", can you elaborate on that i.e. why are you not using the native functions here, but source protected ones?).

The DLL should be located in MC's main program folder and you can obtain any missing functions here by downloading the Global Variables 2.2 Zip file: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2483&p=130068

Regards,

ABC

Vik

Postby Vik » 18 Jan 2023

Thanks for a prompt reply and the reference!. Yes, I am using Multicharts.NET. What are the native functions you mentioned? Seems I missed those one in the documentation...

ABC

Postby ABC » 18 Jan 2023

Vik,

I was referring to the native GV functions that are included in the zip file. They are written in EasyLanguage and as far as I am aware the DLL is not included with MC.NET by default.
The following thread should get you going: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11315

Regards,

ABC

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”