Is anyone having issues with orders on Oanda?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sebastian Vermont

Is anyone having issues with orders on Oanda?

Postby Sebastian Vermont » 27 Jan 2023

Hey,

I'm trying to isolate a problem, and I figured I would ask here to see if anyone is experiencing the same thing. When I place orders on Oanda (via MultiCharts) there seems to be some kind of problem with the communication between Oanda and MultiCharts. The market order to buy or sell will always go through, but any limit/stop orders (such as a take profit or stop loss) will not go through about 80-90% of the time. When I log in directly to the Oanda interface to watch the orders I will see the limit/stop orders get placed initially and then they disappear after a few seconds. The other 10-20% of the time the orders will behave normally (they don't disappear from the Oanda interface).

I tried upgrading MultiCharts to the newest version, then did a complete uninstall and reinstall, but the problem has remained the same.

Basically at this point I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with Oanda's API or if it's with something on my end (my MultiCharts setup, etc).

Has anyone had success (or failure) placing orders on Oanda lately?

ScottishSpeculator

Re: Is anyone having issues with orders on Oanda?

Postby ScottishSpeculator » 30 Jan 2023

Hello its my understanding that you cannot place orders with OANDA if you are using OANDA in Europe. I was disappointed in this as i wanted to use a UK spread bet account. So have to just set up a alert system and manually trade it.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Is anyone having issues with orders on Oanda?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 30 Jan 2023

Hi Sebastian,

The behaviour is not reproduced on our end.
By your description it sounds like MultiCharts sends the orders, but they get canceled/rejected on OANDA’s end. We’d recommend contacting your broker directly for more info about it.

Return to “MultiCharts”