missing days on the x-axis in the future

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
HellGhostEvocatorX

missing days on the x-axis in the future

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 03 Feb 2023

Hello, I am currently developing a seasonality indicator/strategy. I have the problem that some days in the future are not displayed.

I write the price/time data into a list in code and shift the data on the x-axis to sort of generate a future projection. I checked the data with the output window. For example, 07/01/23 and 07/02/23 are present in the data. However, these days are not shown in the chart, as can be seen in the picture. This creates vertical lines that should actually be diagonal, since these days (01.07 and 02.07.) are then e.g. on 30.06. be plotted.

The time series should actually be plotted as shown in the second picture. It's basically the same data only on the x-axis in the past.

The last picture is an overall view. The line at the bottom left should actually correspond to the bottom line at the top right. The years are almost only shifted to the current date.
Attachments
Saisonalität3333.png
(83.14 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Saisonalität4444.png
(125.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Saisonalität222.png
(120.78 KiB) Not downloaded yet

HellGhostEvocatorX

Re: missing days on the x-axis in the future

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 04 Feb 2023

I have meanwhile also loaded a "dummy" file into the quote manager, which only contains virtually every minute from 1901 to 2078 and a price of 0. when I load these into the chart, days are also missing on the chart, but only in the future...

Code: Select all

using System; using System.IO; using System.Linq; using System.Text; class CSVFileCreator { static void Main(string[] args) { // DateTime object for the start and end date var startDate = new DateTime(1901, 1, 1); var endDate = new DateTime(2076, 1, 1); Console.WriteLine("Creating CSV file..."); // Maximum size of the CSV file in bytes long maxSize = 1_879_000_000; // 3.8 GB // Create a new CSV file int fileCounter = 0; var buffer = new StringBuilder(); for (var date = startDate; date <= endDate; date = date.AddDays(1)) { for (var i = 0; i < 24; i++) { for (var j = 0; j < 60; j++) { //for (var k = 0; k < 60; k++) { buffer.Append("SeasonalsDummy,"); buffer.Append(date.ToString("dd.MM.yyyy")); buffer.Append(","); buffer.Append(i.ToString("00")); buffer.Append(":"); buffer.Append(j.ToString("00")); // buffer.Append(":"); // buffer.Append(k.ToString("00")); buffer.Append(",0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0"); buffer.AppendLine(); if (buffer.Length > maxSize) { // Create a new CSV file fileCounter++; using (var file = File.Create("data" + fileCounter + ".csv")) using (var writer = new StreamWriter(file, Encoding.UTF8)) { // Write the header row writer.WriteLine("Symbol,Date,Time,Price,Volume"); // flush buffer to file writer.Write(buffer); buffer.Clear(); } } } } } } // flush buffer to file if (buffer.Length > 0) { fileCounter++; using (var file = File.Create("data" + fileCounter + ".csv")) using (var writer = new StreamWriter(file, Encoding.UTF8)) { // Write the header row writer.WriteLine("Symbol,Date,Time,Price,Volume"); // flush buffer to file writer.Write(buffer); buffer.Clear(); } } Console.WriteLine("CSV file(s) created at " + DateTime.Now); } }

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 08 Feb 2023

Hello HellGhostEvocatorX,

Please open QuoteManager - Tools - Holidays and check the checkbox Show data on holidays. Please also set the sessions for the instrument to 24/7.

If it does not help, please send us the following:

1. CSV file.
2. The workspace where the behaviour is reproduced.
2. Export of the symbol from QuoteManager in .qmd archive.

Please also specify the interval with missing data (it would be helpful if you sent a screenshot) and the time zone.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 08 Feb 2023

both are already configured.
You can see a screenshot above, it seems as if the whole thing is set to 24/5, but it is not and it is only with the future days. maybe an error in my programming, I couldn't find anything, I'd be happy to send you everything if you tell me how? the files are very big...

where do I see the time zone?

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 09 Feb 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

You may archive the necessary files and attach them to your message, or use Google Drive.

We would need to know the time zone of your PC. You can see it in the time and date Windows settings.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 14 Feb 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

The engineers have analyzed the files you've sent. They did not manage to plot a chart since this is not a typical way of working with future data. If you would like us to continue looking into this matter, please describe the steps you took to import the data to the symbol. Please also specify whether you used ASCII Import or ASCII Mapping and how long it took the chart to be plotted.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 14 Feb 2023

i had sent you the data for the seasonalsdummy. I suspect that you have not downloaded all the data as you have already replied to me that you have received this data even though I was still uploading it. please check the link again if necessary. I imported the data via quotemanager right click on seasonalsdummy ->import Data-> ASCII

The dummy idea was just a try.
I have the same problem but also with other data, such as Eur/USD as shown in the picture in my first post. The data is the MCFX data from your servers.

Actually, it should work if you open the eur/usd symbol and load my indicator on it, then you will see the problem with the future data. To do this, you must then increase under Format-window -> x time scale -> chart shift.

As I said, the idea with the seasonalsdummy was just an experiment. I'm also open to other ideas: showing future projections in the chart without days/hours/minutes etc. missing there. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other option, since Multicharts seems to take over the time axis purely from the loaded symbol. Hence the attempt by the software to trick a symbol into thinking that every day or minute that has existed and will exist (up to 2078 - multicharts does not allow more) is loaded onto the chart.

If necessary, I can also give you remote access to my PC, e.g. via Teamviewer, if it helps.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 15 Feb 2023

1.png
(140.28 KiB) Not downloaded yet
i loaded the ExportMS File back in quote manager and i can open the SeasonalDummy in my Chartwindow. the loading time is not so long ~1min. the see picture

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 28 Feb 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

Thanks for your reply. I have downloaded the data anew and forwarded it to the developers. As soon as I get a response from them, I'll let you know.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 03 Mar 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

The engineers did not manage to plot the data from the files you've sent. Probably, they contain a line for a day hat does not exist or something similar. However, it is not the issue since they tried to use other files and the data was plotted only up to the current day, but not into the furture. This is true both for ASCII Mapping and for ASCII Import.

You have confirmed that the idea does not work and mentioned the possibility of using an indicator, but we did not find the indicator among the files you've sent us.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 03 Mar 2023

I think I don't understand your answer correctly. So the problem is with me with every symbol. I would expect a representation like that shown in the 4th picture with the green arrow in the future. But, as I said, the "gap" in the chart is always missing on future days. Which are caused by the settings shown in the 3rd picture.
I actually uploaded the indicator (actually strategy) to the folder. However, as can be seen on the two pictures, this is not the problem, but the display in multicharts themselves, since this problem occurs with every indicator and every symbol. How can I help you now so that a solution to my problem can be found here?
Attachments
4.png
(107.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3.png
(113.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 03 Mar 2023

here is the signal, but the code hasn't been cleaned up yet, because I've tried a lot here and will, but I hope it helps anyway.

You will then find a line at the bottom with a price of 0 and in the future just the individual years, which are not displayed correctly on the missing days..., the lines should look like the bottom line only divided
Attachments
seasonals 2.pln
(6.61 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 07 Mar 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

Thank you. The developers are currently investigating the matter. They found that a certain configuration of the file and sessions works for the version MultiCharts64 Version 14.0(Build 24657), but not for your version (MultiCharts .NET64 Version 14.0 Release (Build 24560)). The investigatrion will take another couple of days. I will keep you updated.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 07 Mar 2023

I seem to remember that in my multichart version I could only load data up to about 2041, in the previous multichart version this was possible up to about the year 2078.
maybe it has to do with that?

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 09 Mar 2023

HellGhostEvocatorX,

According to the developers, the behavior is caused by a bug which will be fixed in one of the future releases. I will let you know.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 07 Dec 2023

I hope it will be fixed soon :) unfortunately this still doesn't work in the current multicharts update :,-(

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”