Bug in new MC update release

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Salzburg

Bug in new MC update release

Postby Salzburg » 13 Feb 2023

Reg (Build 24558)

After update, I loaded up my portfolios PT, as usual, saved from previous version.

2 issues

1: After loading portfolio, it opens up as it should, but "save portfolio" icon is always highlighted blue, despite no change has been made.
I first thought this was because it was the first time i opened up a PT from a previous version, but no, every time I open up a PT, save icon is highlighted,
This has not been the logic before, and it makes it impossible to know, if a change has been made from user side, that needs to be saved. If default is to always highligt this icon as if something has changed, when nothing has been changed at all, it creates lots of headache understanding if changes has been made.

2: PT again, If I open up a saved portfolio, and look at data tab, it was saved as from and to date fields being used. However, after a user clicks anywhere in the data tab area, settings changes to "data range" with 500 max bars back, away from the to and from date radio button selection that was made.
If i change this back, save it, and then open it up again, i get the same issue,

Trading friends around me, raising same issues, and also reporting other issues in PT, that it freezes, cant be shutdown, and no meny items is selectable.

Its clear that something has changed with PT in this update, that is not working as it should.

I have reported this also in email to Svetlana at support and included a video of the issue.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Bug in new MC update release

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 13 Feb 2023

Hello Salzburg,

Please send us the portfolio where the issues are reproduced to our support email.
To learn how to export the portfolio workspace please refer to this page.
Also please send us logs via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
  • Attach a screenshot;
  • Attach log files…;
  • Snapshot of the current MC setup;
  • Open workspaces…;
  • Upload collected data to help desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Return to “MultiCharts”