Adaptrade Builder for Multicharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tibouss

Adaptrade Builder for Multicharts

Postby Tibouss » 10 Apr 2023

Hello,

Does anyone use or has been using Adaptrade Builder with Multicharts?
Any feedbacks?

Many thanks in adavance.

Gregorian

Re: Adaptrade Builder for Multicharts

Postby Gregorian » 11 Apr 2023

I am a longtime user of Adaptrade Builder, as well as the similar products TSL, Build Alpha, GSB, and StrategyQuant. Adaptrade has the cleanest user interface of the bunch and is the easiest to learn to use. A substantial number of the strategies it develops do not work properly in Multicharts; expect that only around 70% will function as expected. The ones that do work are OK but not breathtaking in performance. Development/enhancement of Adaptrade is slow, with only 1-2 updates released per year.

In this market, you get what you pay for, and I've come to realize that TSL, despite its high price and complex user interface, outshines the others in the quality of strategies it generates. But all of these products have supportive authors who will help you make the best of their offerings.

Tibouss

Postby Tibouss » 11 Apr 2023

Thank you for your feedback @Gregorian

Actually i have also been interested by GSB, but it currently only support "This bar on close" orders.
I want to develop strategies based on daily bars so it won't be usefull for me. Thus i have the impression that GSB is not yet mature and is mostly created for intraday strategies. The interface looks like an application in development and i'm afraid that this software might need a huge amount of CPU and RAM to run.

When you say that these strategies doesn't work on Multicharts, does it work properly with some code adjustements or is the strategy completely wrong?

So according to you TSL seems to be the best?

According to my needs (i'm looking for an assistant to develop daily bar strategies) it looks pretty expensive and with much more features than what i need.

Gregorian

Postby Gregorian » 12 Apr 2023

When you say that these strategies doesn't work on Multicharts, does it work properly with some code adjustements or is the strategy completely wrong?
I mean that some strategies produce results in MC that are not at all what they showed in Adaptrade. For example, in Adaptrade the strategy might show a net profit of $140,000, but when you copy it to MC, it shows a loss of $50,000. Adaptrade is aware of this problem and says a fix is planned for a future release, but with only 1-2 releases per year, that may take a while.

Tibouss

Postby Tibouss » 12 Apr 2023

It is pretty annoying. I hope it doesn't happen for each strategy.
Thus it seems that future releases are free for one year and then any future release needs an extra cost...

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 14 Apr 2023

Will Adaptrade be better than TSL when it's bugfixed and working well? I am also interested in developing strategies with these products. Which do you think is better?

Gregorian

Postby Gregorian » 14 Apr 2023

Will Adaptrade be better than TSL when it's bugfixed and working well? I am also interested in developing strategies with these products. Which do you think is better?
No, there is really no comparison. TSL's main advantage is that it supports a myriad of order types, whereas the other products support only a far more restricted number of order types. After years of experimentation, I can tell you that the choice of order type affects the performance of a strategy as much as any choice of indicators or bar type. That being said, Adaptrade and the others are not junk; just be realistic when they cost a fraction of what TSL costs. You truly get what you pay for.

Return to “MultiCharts”