I've brought this issue up before referring to this post http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=5231
The latest build MC 4.0 Beta (build 1440) is even slower than 3.1 Beta.
This is the test result I got for the 3 different builds:
Test symbol: SPY
Date: 12/31/2001 - 12/31/2003
Signal: Bollinger band LE (1..50, 1..5) and Bollinger band SE (1..50, 1..5)
MC 3.0 release - 40sec
MC 3.1 beta - 1:40 sec
MC 4.0 beta - 2:40 sec
Please MC team please find out the reason. I know there have not been other reports of the issue but it does not mean the problem is not there. Maybe most people wouldn't bother to switch back and forth builds (needs reinstallation!) to test it. I've attached screen shots.
Screen shot 1-7 is taken from MC 3.0 release showing the symbol settings and optimization parameters as well as the time it took. It took 40 secs.
Screen shot a and b is taken from MC 4.0 Beta using the exact same settings. It shows it took 2:40 sec
By comparison it takes TS 3:40 secs to finish this job using 1 core. MC is going backwards from being vastly superior in performance (40 secs) to only slightly better in performance (2.40 secs) comparing to TS since the last 3 builds and MC is using 4 cores!!!
New build optimization much slower since 1200.4785
Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Symbol Settings
- 1.jpg (51.61 KiB) Viewed 451 times
- More symbol settings
- 2.jpg (57.37 KiB) Viewed 442 times
- Signals used for testing
- 3.jpg (64.49 KiB) Viewed 452 times
- Choose Exhaustive Search
- 4.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 452 times
- Optimization parameters
- 5.jpg (41.59 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Last edited by glam_100 on 27 Jul 2008, edited 2 times in total.
- Start of optmization
- 6.jpg (221.12 KiB) Viewed 454 times
- End of optimization. It shows 40 secs is the time needed
- 7.jpg (222.76 KiB) Viewed 450 times
- MC 4.0 Beta1 start of optmization
- a.jpg (236.03 KiB) Viewed 444 times
- MC 4.0 Beta 1 end of optmization. It shows 2:40 secs big difference!!!
- b.jpg (238.52 KiB) Viewed 441 times