Can I use MC for TS trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gary1288

Can I use MC for TS trading

Postby gary1288 » 23 Apr 2023

I have a strategy, I need to use data from TS for backtesting and automatic trading( using a simulated user)
I can set up the data source to TS and I can see the backtesting signals. but I am not sure if I can simulate trade.

There is a list in strategy properties ~ select broker plug-in: Interactive brokers, OANDA, paper trader free quotes, Rithmic 01, Saxo Group. so MC only supports these 5 brokers? am I right?

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Can I use MC for TS trading

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 24 Apr 2023

Hi gary1288,

In MultiCharts there is a wide choice of supported data feeds and brokers that you can combine to your needs. Here you can see the full list of supported brokers and data feeds.
After you get an account, you can connect your MultiCharts to it. Please check the connection guides here.
Or you can use the Setup Wizard to establish data feed and broker connections.
If you’d like to test your strategy with the simulated broker you can use the pre-built Paper Trader.
Also please note that TS is supported as a data source only. To connect MultiCharts to the TS data feed please use this guide.

Here are also some useful guides you can refer to for more info:

stahen

Postby stahen » 06 Jun 2023

Hi gary1288,

In MultiCharts there is a wide choice of supported data feeds and brokers that you can combine to your needs. Here you can see the full list of supported brokers and data feeds.
After you get an account, you can connect your MultiCharts to it. Please check the connection guides here.

Oanda support answered:
Thank you for your email,

Unfortunately Multicharts is not available at OANDA TMS, therefore you cannot connect it, sorry for the inconvenience.....
can you help me?

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 07 Jun 2023

Hello stahen,

As far as we know MultiCharts can be used with OANDA Global accounts.
OANDA restricts API trade execution from 3rd party platforms for the European residents registered under OANDA Europe Limited to conform the MIFID 2 regulations.
So if you’re using OANDA Europe it's possible to use it for charting but not for order execution.

TraderGuy

Postby TraderGuy » 12 Jun 2023

Gary, it may be possible to send your orders to TS using an unsupported method as follows

Write order information files to a folder and set up TS to read the files based on a timer event, say 10 times a second. Once read, the order can be executed on TS as instructed. I've done some testing on this approach in the past.

This would only work in coded strategies and is not a replacement for a broker plugin.

There is also a 3rd party broker plugin by RT Soft. I have no experience with this, looks like they offer a trial.

Regards,
TG

Return to “MultiCharts”