PT not asking data server for quotes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ZaphodB

PT not asking data server for quotes

Postby ZaphodB » 20 May 2023

I'm having an issue with PT ever since I messed with the "use symbol cache for backtesting" setting. I now have that setting turned OFF but still having issues. Whenever I try to do backtesting it loads 390 minutes worth of quotes and stops there. It doesn't even try to launch TS to get the remainder of the quotes. If I launch TS manually in this case, still nothing. There are no data requests being shown in Quote Manager. The only workaround I've found is to delete all the symbols from Quote Manager and from PT then reload the symbols again by importing an Instrument List in PT but I'm having to do this for every single backtest. Anyone else had this? Do I need to uninstall and re-install Multicharts?

Polly MultiCharts

Re: PT not asking data server for quotes

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 22 May 2023

Hello ZaphodB,

If the data is backfilling slow or not backfilling at all then check that TS download scheduler (TS->View tab->Launch Download Scheduler) has not queued up MC data requests.
If it has then make a right click on the request->Schedule ASAP.

We also recommend enabling the 'Save data to local database' option in Quote manager->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings to avoid data gaps.
The option will come into effect after restarting all MultiCharts processes.

Return to “MultiCharts”