Unable to select or write the right account for auto trading  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Karax

Unable to select or write the right account for auto trading

Postby Karax » 30 May 2023

Hi guys,

I have the problem that I can't fill in the right account name for my Rithmic APEX PA account. In the Strategy Properties dialog under Broker Plug-in->Settings in the belonging combo box there are no values of the broker accounts unlike the chart trading widget where all the accounts are filled like they should be.
I used to fill in the right account manually which was a hassle for all the different strategies but it was working, but now that I've passed a challenge and needed to write in the name of the PA account it's no longer possible because the allowed digits are too few to write in the whole name. In the chart trading the new PA account are in the selection just like they should be, but not in the Strategy Properties dialog.

I have no clue how I can get them assigned, maybe someone here can help me to solve that issue while I'm waiting for the bug report response.

Thanks a lot!
Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-30 um 10.47.10.png
(293.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Unable to select or write the right account for auto trading

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 30 May 2023

Hi Karax,

Please specify if you restarted MultiCharts after your new account had been added. If not, please close MultiCharts and make sure no processes are left in the Task Manager. Then please run MultiCharts again and check if the issue is reproduced.
Also please click Lookup, wait until it's loaded and then check if the accounts appear in the "Account" drop-down menu.

Karax

Re: Unable to select or write the right account for auto trading  [SOLVED]

Postby Karax » 30 May 2023

Hi Polly,

thanks a lot.
Yes I definitely restarted MC like described but never seen those other accounts. But the tip with the lookup button was exactly wat I was to blind to see or to connect it to this function, I was alway thinking this has to do with the trading instrument lookup.

Thank you so much! You can also close my bug report feedback, but I'll send you an email for that.

Return to “MultiCharts”