Account is expired

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
edwardheming

Account is expired

Postby edwardheming » 20 Oct 2008

I get this message when attempting to log in. Considering I just made this month's payment (and I'm subscribing on a continuous monthly basis) I find this odd.

Please correct this problem immediately. Paying customers should have continuous access to their accounts. Thank you.

Edward Heming

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 22 Oct 2008

Hi Edward,

Your account is active. There were temporary problems on one of the servers which might have resulted in your being unable to log in. If you still can't log in, please contact our customer support representatives via LiveChat and they will help you.

Regards.

MKlein

Postby MKlein » 16 Nov 2008

Sunday evening market open, 16 11 2008

I'm receiving the "account expired" error when I try to log in. My monthly payment is processed on the 15th, so I can't discount that there has been an error in processing my payment (My Share-It notification is that my payment was processed correctly), but TSSupport online help will not be available until tomorrow (Monday) afternoon. In the meantime, can I ask other subscribers if they're able to log in at the moment?

Thanks.

MKlein

Postby MKlein » 17 Nov 2008

The problem was resolved, after a fashion.

According to online help, accounts are expired automatically if no payment confirmation has been received and processed by the MCFX finance department.

The MCFX finance department is not in the office at the weekend to process payment confirmations, so any payment made at the weekend is not processed until Monday afternoon, European time.

This means that any time a payment date falls at the weekend, the account risks becoming unusable until the payment confirmation can be processed on Monday, with the loss of 12 hours of trading.

This is now the second time I've experienced this problem. The previous occasion was the last time my payment date fell on a weekend - June 15th.

Advice from online support was to open a new account with FXCM, receive free use of MCFX and hence avoid the renewal problem.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2008

Dear MKlein,

To avoid this problem in future, we will be giving a few extra days when you can use the license so that in case the billing falls on a weekend you still could use the program.

I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced in the past.

Best regards.

MKlein

Postby MKlein » 26 Nov 2008

To avoid this problem in future, we will be giving a few extra days when you can use the license so that in case the billing falls on a weekend you still could use the program.
Thank you Marina - that's very a sensible solution.

Return to “MCFX”