MULTICHARTS 5.0 BETA 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

MULTICHARTS 5.0 BETA 1 NOW AVAILABLE

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Oct 2008

Dear MultiCharts users,

We have released 5.0 beta 1 version of MultiCharts.

This version includes such features as fractional price scales, position synchronization between MC and the broker, backtesting report - chart synchronization - to name just a few.

You will find the link to the new version in the Downloads section on our website.

Regards.
Last edited by Marina Pashkova on 13 Nov 2008, edited 1 time in total.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 27 Oct 2008

Marina,

The MultiCharts Beta 5.0.1737.201 is even better than Official Release 4.0.1724.400.

With product development picking up pace,one can look forward to very satisfactory Multicharts sooner rather than later.

Khalid

David Caliano

Postby David Caliano » 27 Oct 2008

What happened to the zen-fire feed?

btrader2

Postby btrader2 » 27 Oct 2008

Thanks Marina,

My 10yr note charts are displaying with fractional price scales as well as my drawing tools! You made me a happy camper!

Cliff

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 28 Oct 2008

Hello Marina,

The new beta has many new usefull backtesting calculations. I tried to find this feature:

''Backtesting-Chart Synchronization has been added. It is now possible to click on a point on one of the available Equity Curve lines or on a trade in the List of Trades and have the chart scrolled to the respective trade and have the entry arrow highlighted.''

but somehow I could not find it.

Could you please guide in detail what path I should click (a screenshot would be helpfull) to arrive at the synchronization feature?

Thanks

t123knight

Postby t123knight » 28 Oct 2008

Love the symbol link to charts on the scanner. How can I get it to link resolution as well?

SP

Postby SP » 29 Oct 2008

There seems to be an problem to import ELDs that are exported with the latest TS build 8.4 1683.

PE doesnt show the name (instead only I) and doesnt allow to import mulitple indicators that are exported by TS.

drwar

Postby drwar » 29 Oct 2008

[quote]Love the symbol link to charts on the scanner. How can I get it to link resolution as well?[/quote]

Not only resolution but Days/bars back as they vary with resolution.

J~

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2008

Hi SP,

Are those ELD's protected?

Thank you.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2008

Hello Marina,

The new beta has many new usefull backtesting calculations. I tried to find this feature:

''Backtesting-Chart Synchronization has been added. It is now possible to click on a point on one of the available Equity Curve lines or on a trade in the List of Trades and have the chart scrolled to the respective trade and have the entry arrow highlighted.''

but somehow I could not find it.

Could you please guide in detail what path I should click (a screenshot would be helpfull) to arrive at the synchronization feature?

Thanks
Hi Tresor,

Attached, please find two screenshots. One is showing how clicking on a trade in the list of trades scrolls your chart to the specified trade and highlights its arrow.

The second screenshot is showing how clicking on a point on the equity curve, scrolls the chart to the bar with the same date (this bar will be the utmost right bar on the chart).

Hope it helps.
Attachments
equity curve-chart synchronization.PNG
(105.29 KiB) Downloaded 1778 times
list of trades-chart synchronization.PNG
(97.53 KiB) Downloaded 1788 times

SP

Postby SP » 29 Oct 2008

Hi Marina,

they are not protected.
You could try it with the attachement. It contains the 2 built in indicators
"Mov Avg 1 Line" and "Mov Avg 2 Lines". If you try to import them you only see 1 of them and without a name.
Attachments
MOV1.ELD
(5.32 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Oct 2008

Last edited by TJ on 09 Nov 2008, edited 1 time in total.

reitberg

Postby reitberg » 01 Nov 2008

Is look inside backbar testing available in MC 5.0 Beta 1?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Nov 2008

Hello reitberg,

Look-inside-bar is not available in MC 5.0 beta 1 yet.

We have planned this feature for future versions of MC, but I don't have any ETA yet.

Regards.

Thomas Mann

Lockup Issue

Postby Thomas Mann » 09 Nov 2008

Hi All,
I just wanted to report a issue I have seen with the latest beta and see if anyone else has seen it. When I minimize the MC program and try to bring it back up after a while it seems to be locked up. By lockup I mean the screen is all gray where the charts would normally be and the cursor is a hourglass. I have left it for a couple hours and it never recovered. I am charting data from IB and Opentick with about 6 workspaces open. Overall I think the program has greatly improved and the developers are doing a great job.
Thanks

drwar

Re: Lockup Issue

Postby drwar » 09 Nov 2008

[quote]Hi All,
I just wanted to report a issue I have seen with the latest beta and see if anyone else has seen it. When I minimize the MC program and try to bring it back up after a while it seems to be locked up. By lockup I mean the screen is all gray where the charts would normally be and the cursor is a hourglass. I have left it for a couple hours and it never recovered. I am charting data from IB and Opentick with about 6 workspaces open. Overall I think the program has greatly improved and the developers are doing a great job.
Thanks[/quote]

Make sure your computer is not going into Hibernate or power down mode. While your away. Check your power settings. If it does so, You will loose your datafeed connections and it may not be recovering from that when you wake it up causing the problem you are seeing.

J~

Thomas Mann

lockup

Postby Thomas Mann » 09 Nov 2008

Hi,
My computer is not going into sleep mode. I am sitting at it all day working on other stuff with MC minimized. I have run MC this way for the past 2 years, and watch for alerts to popup on indicators while I work. This appeared in the latest beta
Thanks

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 10 Nov 2008

V5 beta1 has been known to have the following bugs at least:

[1] MC locked up after a while (maybe when Autotrading is on)

[2] MC does not generate signals after a while even though MC displays them on the chart and SPR

I hope these serious bugs get fixed as soon as possible because these bugs make MC unusable at all.

Maybe your bugs are stemmed from another causes but these bugs are what I experienced so far.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 10 Nov 2008

There is one instance when MC froze when I treid to swithoff autotrade with open positiion on IB, close positon dialoge window came live and on selection of close posiiton option an order was sent to IB and soon after MC froze. I had to powerdown my PC.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Lockup Issue

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Nov 2008

Hi All,
Thanks
Hi Thomas Mann,

How often does this problem occur? Do you have any detached windows in those workspaces? What is the workspace set up? How many chart windows do you have there? Is auto trading enabled?

Thank you for the info.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

There is a bug when MC freezes on auto trading being turned off. It has been fixed. The fix will be availble in the next version.
[2] MC does not generate signals after a while even though MC displays them on the chart and SPR
If this is the same problem that you described in your e-mail where you asked to explain how the synchronous works, the answer is: in the synchronous mode there is no convertation for unfilled stop orders.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

There is one instance when MC froze when I treid to swithoff autotrade with open positiion on IB, close positon dialoge window came live and on selection of close posiiton option an order was sent to IB and soon after MC froze. I had to powerdown my PC.
Hi SUPER,

This is a known bug. The fix has already been implemented. It will be available in the next version of the program.

Regards.

2haerim

Postby 2haerim » 12 Nov 2008

There is a bug when MC freezes on auto trading being turned off. It has been fixed. The fix will be availble in the next version.

=> Next version means 5.0.1781.202?

If this is the same problem that you described in your e-mail where you asked to explain how the synchronous works, the answer is: in the synchronous mode there is no convertation for unfilled stop orders.

Regards.
=> No it is separate one. Synchronous mode email is to just ask how SA mode works.

The problem of not generating signals after a while AA is turned on was confirmed by you that it is a known bug and said to be fixed in the next(which I thought 5.0.1781.202).

Is it fixed in 5.0.1782.202? Or Do I have to wait until next version again?

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 16 Nov 2008

Hi Marina,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I have been out. Here is the answers to the questions about V5 Beta 201

I do run a detached chart on the tick symbol from IB
I am NOT using auto trading at all
The going to sleep issue I saw with beta 201 seems to happen if I leave it mininized for > 2 hrs
The alerts still work even though it will not restore my screen
All I see is a gray screen

Januson

Postby Januson » 18 Nov 2008

Is an official MC 5 being released before it costs $200 to upgrade?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Nov 2008

Is an official MC 5 being released before it costs $200 to upgrade?
Yes. We will start charging for upgrades only after MC Gold has been released.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Nov 2008

Hi Marina,
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I have been out. Here is the answers to the questions about V5 Beta 201

I do run a detached chart on the tick symbol from IB
I am NOT using auto trading at all
The going to sleep issue I saw with beta 201 seems to happen if I leave it mininized for > 2 hrs
The alerts still work even though it will not restore my screen
All I see is a gray screen
Thank you for the information Thomas. I'll have our engineers test the scenario. I'll let you know if we need any additional information from you.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”