New Broker's Initial Market Position Settings

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
danilo

New Broker's Initial Market Position Settings

Postby danilo » 29 Oct 2008

Marina,

could you explain better this new settings. Supposing that at the brokers I'm LONG 2 lots of ESZ8, I connect the strategy and on the chart I should be LONG of only 1 lot. I would have an option that automatically sell just 1 lot, set the marketposition=1, the EntryPrice=(Broker's)AvgPrice. It's this kind of option available ?

Regards,
Danilo

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2008

Hi Danilo,

Synchronization in this scenario can be achieved if your code does not specify the number of contracts.

To synchronize the positions, in the 'Assume the Initial Position at the Broker' dialogue, specify exactly the same position for the same number of contracts as you have at the broker. In your case LONG and 2 respectively. As soon as the new order is generated, it will sell one contract on the chart and 2 contracts at the broker. After the orders are filled both on the chart and at the broker, you will have positions synchronized everywhere.

However, the above will not be possible if your code specifies the number of contracts to be sold.

Regards.

danilo

Postby danilo » 29 Oct 2008

Marina,

MC could ask to IB the position of the traded asset and perform automatically the synchronization ?

Regards,
Danilo

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Oct 2008

Hi Danilo,

MultiCharts can't do that, but it's a really good idea which is definitely worth considering for future implementation.

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”