REALTIME DATA FEED PROBLEMS WITH TS

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
VOLPE GIOVANNI

REALTIME DATA FEED PROBLEMS WITH TS

Postby VOLPE GIOVANNI » 04 Nov 2008

I CAN NOT MAKE MULTICHART 4 OR BETA 5 TO WORK WITH TS REALTIME DATA FEED. IS THERE ANY ISSUE THAT I AM OVERLOOKING OR ANY PROBLEM THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
THANK YOU.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 05 Nov 2008

I don't have problem with TS Data, other then Dax futures which seems to lag on volatile days.

Hope you have correct symbol settings in your quote manager...thats where I would first look. I think you need to provide more information so someone can help you.

Marina Pashkova

Re: REALTIME DATA FEED PROBLEMS WITH TS

Postby Marina Pashkova » 05 Nov 2008

I CAN NOT MAKE MULTICHART 4 OR BETA 5 TO WORK WITH TS REALTIME DATA FEED. IS THERE ANY ISSUE THAT I AM OVERLOOKING OR ANY PROBLEM THAT I SHOULD BE AWARE OF?
THANK YOU.
Dear Giovanni,

What exactly happens when you try to plot a symbol from TS? Have you been able to successfully add any symbols from TS in QuoteManager? A detailed description of the problelm would be welcome.

If you want, you can also contact our customer support via LiveChat and they will help you resolve the problem in real-time.

Regards.

VOLPE GIOVANNI

Backfilling with TS

Postby VOLPE GIOVANNI » 05 Nov 2008

TS Build 8.3 - 1631
Symbol in Quote Manager @ES.D E-mini S&P 500 Continuous Contarct [Dec08] CME Futures TS ON
I can not get to backfill the period requested. It just stays there and does not backfill. Most of the time I get 1 day graph I also get a " Establishing connection....( H: Connecting) and just seats there. with a black screen. I have to add that with the same set up I just to get all the graphs with no problems before. Plese help.

SP

Postby SP » 06 Nov 2008

Clear the Cache for @ES.D in the TS folder, open the chart in TS and refresh the chart.
I unchecked in the MC Quotemanager the option "Save data to local database"
unter Data Feed Configuration.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Backfilling with TS

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Nov 2008

TS Build 8.3 - 1631
Symbol in Quote Manager @ES.D E-mini S&P 500 Continuous Contarct [Dec08] CME Futures TS ON
I can not get to backfill the period requested. It just stays there and does not backfill. Most of the time I get 1 day graph I also get a " Establishing connection....( H: Connecting) and just seats there. with a black screen. I have to add that with the same set up I just to get all the graphs with no problems before. Plese help.
Dear Giovanni,

There are several potential issues for the problem.

1 Maybe you updated your TS while MC is still trying to connect to the old version. You can check this in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> Settings.

2 Try plotting the same symbol, in the same resolution, and for the same period in TS. If it can't be plotted in TS, contact them. If you can plot it in TS but not in MC, please let us know.

3 If none of the above applies to you, please sent us the logs from Start -> Programs -> MultiCharts -> Logs -> tsSever

Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”