A feature I would like to pay for after MC Gold is released

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Tresor

A feature I would like to pay for after MC Gold is released

Postby Tresor » 16 Dec 2008

Hello TSS,

There have been many discussions over TSS policy with regard to paid upgrades recently. People discussed what should be paid for and what should not be paid for, after the MC Gold is launched.

There is one feature that would make my life easier which I would love to pay for, if introduced, namely a configurable DOM-order execution window attached to the chart.

1. This order execution engine would need to be multi broker-supported.
2. When I open FDAX chart, then FDAX order execution window would appear; when I open ES chart, then ES order execution window would appear as well, etc.
3. The look and functions of the order execution window would be configurable (e.g. if someone uses only ''sell market'' and ''buy market'', there would be no need to have ''send bracket order'' button, etc.)

I attach a screenshot to show how this might look like.

Regards
Attachments
MC DOM.jpg
(196.55 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 18 Dec 2008

Hi Tresor,

DOM has already been included into a list of the features to be developed. We even have the requirements ready. We wanted to implement it some time ago, but decided that we needed to fix bugs and enhance backtesting first.
After we release MC 5.0 Gold with those enhancements and fixes, we will start working on the DOM. It will be released in 2009.

Best regards.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 18 Dec 2008

Hi Tresor,

DOM has already been included into a list of the features to be developed. We even have the requirements ready. We wanted to implement it some time ago, but decided that we needed to fix bugs and enhance backtesting first.
After we release MC 5.0 Gold with those enhancements and fixes, we will start working on the DOM. It will be released in 2009.

Best regards.
Excellent :D

Marina, It would be nice if TSS could share the requirements on the DOM with the community here so that the potential users could contribute something to the requirements and joyfully anticipate the DOM's release.

Regards

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 04 Jan 2009

Something like this would do :mrgreen:
Attachments
Chart+DOM in one.jpg
(107.25 KiB) Downloaded 469 times

geizer

Risk/Reward calculation

Postby geizer » 03 Feb 2009

It could be enhanced with the Risk/Reward calculation in real time.

As a trader I plan to lose a certain amount if market goes against me. If market goes in my direction I plan to make a certain amount. Both apply to every trade that I take.

The Risk/Reward ratio that I look for, depends on the strategy used and statistical tests. In other words I need to know the expected value of each trade. Obviously I am looking for positive expected value and would like to know my Risk/Reward ratio.

Ideally, this could be achieved with a mouse click on the chart to specify the price, corresponding to my Risk level. With another mouse click I would specify the price corresponding to my Reward level. The Risk/Reward ratio should be calculated instantly, in real time. Placing two horizontal lines would serve the purpose, (providing there is an option to explicitly tell these are Risk and Reward price levels, not just price levels).

The feature could be enhanced with configurable slippage and commission either in absolute $ amount or percentage (or both). Slippage and commission would be symbol specific. Some sort of visual indication and alert generation is a must.

Risk/Reward Ratio = 1 / ( (ABS(CurrentPrice-RiskPrice)) / (ABS(CurrentPrice-RewardPrice)) )

Enabling the automated trade execution when Risk or Reward levels triggered would make Multicharts so much more powerful.

Warm regards,
Pavel

PS what does DOM stands for?
Last edited by geizer on 03 Feb 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Tresor

Re: Risk/Reward calculation

Postby Tresor » 03 Feb 2009

DOM = Depth Of Market; on the DOM there are vertically oriented bids and asks and you can join and place your orders; depending on your preferences you can choose either maleDOM or femDOM :wink:

geizer

Re: Risk/Reward calculation

Postby geizer » 03 Feb 2009

DOM = Depth Of Market; on the DOM there are vertically oriented bids and asks and you can join and place your orders; depending on your preferences you can choose either maleDOM or femDOM :wink:
You mean dance with either the Bulls or the Bears...

Return to “MultiCharts”