EURUSD where is the data?

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
David R

EURUSD where is the data?

Postby David R » 22 Dec 2008

Well it is 0600 GMT Monday (10pm PST Sunday) and MCFX is sitting idly doing absolutely nothing. It says it has a good connection, but where is the data for the last 8 hours?

Can MCFX hire an after hours technician to reboot the datafeed when it has glitches?

Thanks,

David

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 22 Dec 2008

FXCM has updated their API and as a result one of our data servers couldn’t receive data until we upgraded to the new API. That was the server 64.38.8.218.
Those users who were connected to the server 74.200.223.66 didn’t experience any problems because this server automatically switched over to the Gain Capital data.
This happened because we did not enable data feed redundancy for both servers in order to prevent instability.
At the same time this incident clearly showed that the mechanism of switching between servers is very reliable. From now on both servers will be operating in an identical fashion that completely rules out the possibility of any data outages.
As the statistics for the last two months suggests, it’s only the interruption of data supply from FXCM that caused data problems. Since we have now implemented automatic switching over to the Gain Capital data we expect 100% uptime of our data servers under any circumstances.

At the present moment all lost data has been restored and the server operates normally.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused but fortunately this short outage has a very successful outcome: it has made it possible for us to considerably improve the system so that you should never face such problems again in the future!

David R

Postby David R » 06 Jan 2009

Guys, that sounds nice. But I am looking at a 100point EURUSD chart that has not updated in 15 minutes. And refresh does not work. I am flying blind and having to use the built in fxcm charts. The 1 hour chart seems to be updating fine.

I too am a software developer. And I love your application, in fact I could not trade effectively without it.

But your reliability sucks. As I've said before, I would pay double for you to have a cluster that has redundant feeds from FXCM plus other providers.

I day trade, a lot, but timing of my execution is critical to my profitability. So to suddenly lose my feed with multiple positions active is tough to take.

It would be like having your internal fileserver / email server go down 10 minutes before a deadline to release a product and have to try to scramble to get a backup copy restored.

I have redundant internet providers just in case.

PLEASE.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Jan 2009

Hi David,

Our server has been working without any interruptions or glitches for quite some time now. Could you please contact our customer support via LiveChat? Our engineers will then connect to your PC to find out what exactly is causing the problem.

I am asking you to contact us because there are many things that can go wrong. For example, we just spent an hour working with a customer who complained that his quotes had stopped updating. It turned out that he was running MCFX on two different computers under the same license at the same time. This caused a conflict when the program transferred him from one server to another. Furthermore, running the program on two computers at the same time is a violation of our licensing policy.

The bottom line is: we need to connect to your PC to identify and fix the problem.

Regards.

David R

Postby David R » 13 Jan 2009

Hi Marina,

The next time there is an issue with the charts I will contact support so that you can log in a view it.

Yes I do run MCFX on both my desktop and laptop, but not at the same time. So I don't think that issue applies to me.

Thanks,

David

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 21 Jan 2009

Hi David,

Please do contact us next time the issue appears.

Regards.

Return to “MCFX”