License issue: Editor versus MC.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

License issue: Editor versus MC.

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 Jan 2009

I have been meaning to ask this question and it was one reason I was asking earlier where the actual agreement is stored which applies to us exactly at our point of purchase (is it stored in the downloaded zipped install file somewhere).

I have MC running now on the desktop. I did some work earlier today on the editor offsite on the notebook. I forgot to export my last change I made on the notebook (in other words I just realized it did not get to the desktop). So to the letter of the agreement am I suppose to bring MC down on the desk before I fire up the notebook to do the export with the editor again? In other words (with only one license) MC on two machines at the same time is a no no but what about MC only on one machine and the Editor only on another machine.

Thanks,
John.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 02 Jan 2009

Just call up the editor by itself, on the notebook and export the file. As long as you don't go online, you shouldn't have a problem.
You just can't have both running live data at the same time.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 02 Jan 2009

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think there would be a license problem because obviously it is okay to run MC on machine A and at the same time the Editor on machine A, so it does not really matter if the editor is running on machine B instead of A since you are only running one copy of the Editor. The same rule would apply to the Editor as to MC.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 03 Jan 2009

John,
Strictly speaking any part of MultiCharts product (PL Editor) can't be used at the same time according to EULA, but it is ok if you use the way you described.
EULA is the second wizard page of the MultiCharts installer.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 03 Jan 2009

Hi Andrew,

Can a user get to the EULA after the install has taken place? I assume EULA stands for "Extended User License Agreement".

Actually the way I describe is only to bring a study over from the notebook that I forgot to bring over anyway. Once it is on the desktop with the larger double screans I shut down the editor on the notebook (shut the machine down completely to save power actually) then run the editor on the desktop.

Thanks,
John.

Return to “MultiCharts”