Removing bad bar

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
capgain

Removing bad bar

Postby capgain » 25 Jan 2009

Is there an easy way to remove a bad bar. It would be great if I could right-click on a bad bar and ask MC to ignore it. Currently, I am having an issue as i go to quotemanager to search and retrieve data and delete it. Since I have option of connecting to server and getting real time and historical data, the bad tick comes back.

fs

Postby fs » 25 Jan 2009

Don't delete it. If you do that, it will be refilled as it is missing. Just edit it and change it to more reasonable values and backfill will ignore it.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Removing bad bar

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Jan 2009

Is there an easy way to remove a bad bar. It would be great if I could right-click on a bad bar and ask MC to ignore it. Currently, I am having an issue as i go to quotemanager to search and retrieve data and delete it. Since I have option of connecting to server and getting real time and historical data, the bad tick comes back.
Hi capgain,

This is a nice feature idea. We cannot promise that it will be implemented shortly, for we are working to complete a number of features that have been promised for a while. Moreover, once we implement a bad tick filter (in one of the versions following Gold Release), the necessity for such a feature might go. All the obviously bad data will be filtered out - both for real-time and historical data.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 26 Jan 2009

That's how TS2ki does it, just right click on the bad bar to edit it, it's a great feature that I'd love to see in MC, much faster that going into the datamanager and search.
Of course the bad tick filter would be a huge addition too.

Return to “MultiCharts”