MC hanging up

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
york timothy

MC hanging up

Postby york timothy » 13 Feb 2009

Hello Marina,
I am having problems with MC locking up and having to close everything down, do a reboot in order to get going again. It doesn't do this all the time but enough times to be really annoying. I would appreciate it if you would document similar problems with other users and have your programmers look into it. Thank you.

Warmest regards,

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Feb 2009

Hi Tim,

Is there any pattern to MC locking up? What do you do before it locks up? How many workspaces do you have open? How many charts with how many bars plotted do you have in each workspace? Do you have any indicators applied? Are those built-in or custom indicatorts? Do you have any drawings applied?

york timothy

That's the problem, Marina, there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I had 6 work spaces open with a dedicated scanner in each workspace open, no charts open. I am using them similar to a watchlist. Then suddenly a workspace will lock and I can't get access to it and the only way I can get MC to work is reboot my system.
I recall other people having similar problems of locking up, I think. It also begs the question of why it takes MC so long to open if once shut down. I wished I could give you more to go on but it is what it is. You might want to get your programmers to look at the question of the delay on re-opening MC and perhaps that might lead to a solution of why it locks up from time to time.

Best regards,

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 13 Feb 2009

Hi Tim,

Delays on starting MC are related to the connection to the database being established which, in its turn depends on the size of the database and on the number of symbols in it.

This is unrelated to the program locking up. Nor does the situation that you are describing have anything to do with similar problems other customers have reporded in the past. In almost all reported cases the program was simply heavily overloaded.

If MC locks up on you again, please contact our customer support for remote assistance.

york timothy

I'll help as much as I can, Marina.

Return to “MultiCharts”