Retreive indicator values from different charts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader39

Share dll with TS?

Postby trader39 » 16 Apr 2006

Is it possible to use the same globalvariable.dll file as TS running on the same computer, allowing communication with TS features not yet implemented in multicharts, such as Radar Screen? If not, is there some other workaround for this?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 17 Apr 2006

Theoretically it is possible, we haven't tried this; if you experiment with this and share your findings, this will be most appreciated.

trader39

Postby trader39 » 17 Apr 2006

I am eager to experiment with this and will gladly post results. However I do not know how to get PowerLanguage to reference the copy of GlobalVariable.dll in the ProgramFiles\TS 8.1 (build 3159) directory rather than the copy in the ProgramFiles\TS Support\Multicharts directory. Please advise how to point Multicharts to the same copy of the dll used by TS. Unless this is done, I assume the two dll copies running simultaneously from different directories would reference different locations in physical memory and thus would not provide a path for communication between TS and MC.

Chris

Postby Chris » 17 Apr 2006

Trader39,

when you initialize the DLL in PowerLanguage, just give the exact Path where the DLL is stored

Code: Select all

DefineDLLFunc: "GlobalVariable.dll", ...;
should look like

Code: Select all

DefineDLLFunc: "X:\ProgramFiles\TS 8.1 (build 3159)\GlobalVariable.dll", ...;
Where "X" is your hard-drive. Normally you place DLLs in the TS program folder, if you did this, you have to add it to the above line.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 18 Apr 2006

Thanks you very much, Chris, this is just what we were going to reply with; your help is most appreciated.

Return to “MultiCharts”