Auto trading Question

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Auto trading Question

Postby Thomas Mann » 12 Mar 2009

Hi,
After many many hours of testing and debugging a auto trading monky I am working on I have noticed that if I exit a position the strategy initially entered for me it does not seem to see that the MarketPosition is now flat and attempts to close it when a trigger comes. Is there a way to force the strategy to first look at the current position and if it is indeed flat then cancel the last trade sequence ?
Thanks

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 12 Mar 2009

Is your exit Manual or Auto.

You can not mix manual and auto trade together.

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 12 Mar 2009

Hi Super,
My exit is done thru using the 3rd party DLL from TWSLINK which allows a immediate exit from a strategy and does not have to wait for a bar to close or the open of the next bar. That is the issue I am trying to work around. When my condition fires I want to exit immediately at market, and not at the close or open of the next bar.
Thanks

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 12 Mar 2009

You can use IntrabarOrderGeneration feature of MC to achive what you are trying to do. with IOG you can trigger orders withing a bar and so you need not wait for bar to close.

I don't know much about TWSLink, but if it similar to Dynaorder then you have to control the order execution within your powerlanguage code-you can not use the Auto trade features of MC at the same time.

Return to “MultiCharts”