MC 5.0 Quote Manager error - No Matches found

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sigma Trader

MC 5.0 Quote Manager error - No Matches found

Postby Sigma Trader » 25 May 2009

Earlier today i was successful in installing V5 on a win XP Pro machine. It ran and charted, no problems at that time. So now as i am testing it for functionality i see something not right in the Quote Manager. When i try to do Add Signal from Data Source it gives me "No Matches Were Found". Now this is absurd because the root is ES, the Exchange is CME for eSignal. This all worked with V4, but not V5. The QM has ES #F and i wanted to add ES M9. So i try using either CME or the Globex exchange with eSignal knowing that is not right. Both give the "No Matches Found" message. Again, this looks like tarnished gold to me.

Sigma Trader

MC 5 chart not seeing symbol in Quote Manager

OK, so since i couldn't add a new symbol, i decided to edit an older one in the QM. So i chose ES Z8 and edited it to be ES M9. I connected it to eSignal and it began collecting quotes. However, trying to create a chart, using data on demand, did not work, because the symbol selection in Format Symbol during chart creation does not see the ES M9. So, ok, close the QM, reboot MC 5, thinking mayabe it would see ES M9, but no. Even though ES M9 is in the Quote Manager and collecting quotes from eSignal, the charting does not see ES M9. It still sees ES Z8 which is no longer in the QM, even after edit and reboot. I am puzzled. This looks more like Silver than Gold.

Sigma Trader

Now the QM appears to be seeing the symbols

Pardoneme, I see the human error. Since i seldom use MC, been waiting for gold, i forgot that to see all the Futures symbols when creating a new chart, the symbol has to be deleted from the symbol drop down window. Apologies.

Return to “MultiCharts”