EL ability to delete every type of tool.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

EL ability to delete every type of tool.

Postby bowlesj3 » 07 Aug 2009

It would be handy if, at the very least, EL statements could be created that provided the ability to delete every/any type of tool if they are older than a certain date and time. Currently I run a morning startup routine that keeps my charts clear of old lines, arrows and text. I just found a good use for the Arc and wish I could do the same with this tool (especially on the 10 second bars where things move out of sight pretty fast).

Thanks,
John.
Last edited by bowlesj3 on 18 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.

geektrader

Postby geektrader » 07 Aug 2009

Have you tried using "CurrentBar" or "Time" for your morning-startup routine?

You could do something like

if time=0845 then begin

indicator1=0;
indicator2=0;
indicator2=0;

end;

or the same with Currentbar:

if currentbar=1 then begin

indicator1=0;
indicator2=0;
indicator2=0;

end;

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Aug 2009

Hi geektrader,

I don't know of such a command as indicator = 0;

I am using the commands arw_GetFirst, arw_GetNext, Arw_GetTime, Arw_GetDate, etc to loop through all arrows on a chart, determine the date and time and if older than a parameter set date and time I remove them using the ID number that is picked up by these commands. There is a command arw_delete to do the delete. The commands arw_GetFirst, arw_GetNext can also be selective and at times I only remove manually placed text for example. There is a trick I use which is putting the IDs in a table/array and going back to loop through the table to do the actual delete. I can't remember why I did this now but I had to do it.

In the power language help that I have there are commands like this for only arrows, text and lines. There is nothing I know of for the other types of drawing tools. The commands mentioned above would be all that would be needed for cleanup since all the other types of drawing tools are manually placed.

John

TJ

Postby TJ » 08 Aug 2009

...In the power language help that I have there are commands like this for only arrows, text and lines. There is nothing I know of for the other types of drawing tools. ...

..If we REQUEST to have those drawing tools (arc, circle, box, etc.) made available to the MC PowerLanguage. We will have the complementary delete tools !

bowlesj3

I don't quite understand your response TJ.
John

TJ

Postby TJ » 08 Aug 2009

if MC add the following keywords to the PowerLanguage:

arc_new
circle_new
rectangle_new

then the following complementary keywords will also be available to us:

arc_delete
circle_delete
rectangle_delete

etc.,

;-)

bowlesj3

sounds good. A setlocation command would be handy too.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Aug 2009

It turns out that for my situation deleting all the arc drawing objects isn't too difficult actually when using the Format objects list, sorting by name and just clicking the remove button over and over. This solution is only good if you want to delete all of one drawing type. For lines, arrows and text it is not a good option since I have to keep some of them.

bowlesj3

Re: EL ability to delete every type of tool.

Postby bowlesj3 » 18 Jun 2011

If you wish to control tools outside the TL, Arw and Text this is the link to the request. Some may want to post comments there since it is very generic.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-445

I at times mark breaks in (RSI or Bollinger bands) on the price chart with a red arc because you can point it to the prior line bounce and then to the break area (you can't do it as well with a line). One may have code to detect this and want to place a red arc there since it arcs away from price to keep it unobstructed yet points to a location in the chart somewhat.

Stan Bokov

Re: EL ability to delete every type of tool.

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Jun 2011

Thanks for submitting the feature request. We will evaluate it.

Return to “MultiCharts”