Pb retrieving data from IB for Norwegian stocks on SFB

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
indsvote

Pb retrieving data from IB for Norwegian stocks on SFB

Postby indsvote » 30 Aug 2009

Through Interactive Brokers you can access data and trade the 25 largest Norwegian stocks through their recent listing on the Stockholm exchange (SFB) (service by Nasdaq OMX Nordic). All this works fine in in TWS. One example is PGS - Petroleum Geo Services (IB symbol PGS). When the symbol is looked up and added in QuoteManager it becomes PGSo.

Trying to chart it in MC does not work as QuoteManager says:

No security definition has been found: Symbol= PGSo;Trade;SFB;STK;NOK;
TWS error message: Id= 1000014; Code= 200; Description= No security definition has been found for the request

after I have added the symbol the normal way.

The ABB (an ordinary Swedish stock) logs as follows in QM:

[08/27/2009 13:51:13] Sending ABB 1 Minute Trade history to data server: 51 quotes downloaded (Key= ABB;T;MINUTE;1;SFB;STK;SEK;)

I have tried to amend the information in QuoteManager, but I have not found a combination that works.

The contract info in TWS indicates where the information differs from the other Swedish stocks – it says Exchange: SFB (Stockholm) but also gives information about Main exchange: OSE (Oslo). Another difference is the currency which is NOK rather than SEK.

How can this be solved?

indsvote

Postby indsvote » 02 Sep 2009

Now I can answer this myself. TSSupport has confirmed this being a bug that will be fixed in the upcoming 5.5 release.

Return to “MultiCharts”