execution order of studies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
janus

execution order of studies

Postby janus » 16 Oct 2009

If I run the same study on the same symbol in two separate workspaces, but one is say 1 minute and the other 10 minutes resolution, will the one associated with the 1 minute always execute first as long as I have it loaded after the 5 minute one? I used some print statements to verify this. When I reverse the order of the workspaces, the 5 minute one executes first. I'm wondering if this will always be the case.

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 16 Oct 2009

I always thought that the execution is based on code conditions being meet.

janus

Postby janus » 16 Oct 2009

What code conditions?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 17 Oct 2009

What code conditions?
May be I have not understood your question, it would be usefull if you can provide some screen shots and print statement.

janus

Postby janus » 17 Oct 2009

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I just need to know what happens when you use the same study on two different worksheets. What determines the order of execution of that study? The code in the study is irrelevant as I'm not referring to the execution of any buy and sell signals; that's a totally separate issue. I'm just referring to the execution of the study itself, that is when the study is run. From what I can see the one loaded in the last worksheet is executed first. Is this always the case? Are there any other factors that govern the order of execution of the same study?

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 18 Oct 2009

janus,

It's very interesting observation, I have not put my thought on these lines before. Maybe someone from TS support can through more light on it.

Regards
Super

Return to “MultiCharts”