email alerts using gmail, aol, or mediacom?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
GD

email alerts using gmail, aol, or mediacom?

Postby GD » 11 Dec 2009

I have used email alerts regularly in the past, but my ISP just changed their email policy to disallow relaying. I have accounts with Mediacom, Gmail, and aol, and so far as I know, none of them will allow me to specify these email accounts as Sender, using their SMTP Server. Or maybe I'm just not specifying the correct Port or other parameter.

Can anyone using email alerts with any of these providers give any insight or guidance?

Thanks,

GD

TraderGuy

Re: email alerts using gmail, aol, or mediacom?

Postby TraderGuy » 11 Dec 2009

I have used email alerts regularly in the past, but my ISP just changed their email policy to disallow relaying. I have accounts with Mediacom, Gmail, and aol, and so far as I know, none of them will allow me to specify these email accounts as Sender, using their SMTP Server. Or maybe I'm just not specifying the correct Port or other parameter.

Can anyone using email alerts with any of these providers give any insight or guidance?

Thanks,

GD

You should be able to use your Gmail account to set up an SMTP server if that's what you're looking for. Google "gmail smtp setup" and you will find setup information.

TG

Nicolas23

Re: email alerts using gmail, aol, or mediacom?

Postby Nicolas23 » 09 Nov 2011

Hello,

As far as I understood, Gmail requires SSL encryption, which is not compatible with MultiCharts.
Please refer to this other topic:
http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... f=1&t=7920

Nicolas

Return to “MultiCharts”