Running production MC ver and Beta MC ver on same machine.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Running production MC ver and Beta MC ver on same machine.

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Dec 2009

Is there a good procedure to run a production MC version such as 2.1.999.999 that seldom bombs out during the day while at the same time testing a new version or beta version of MC on the same machine after the trading day is over so the new version will have zero chance of effecting daily trading operations on the production version?

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 17 Dec 2009

Hi,

I have asked a similar question to install 5.0 and 5.5 on thesame machine for trading (5.0) during trading hours and for tesing (5.5) after trading hours, but the answer was negative.

Why do you prefer to use 2.1 to trade? Is it more stable?.... where can I download it?

Regards,

Sa

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Dec 2009

Hi SpaceAnt,

Yes it would be a nice feature to be able to run a stable version during the day and test after hours (even using the replay). The other alternative is maybe having a standard set of instructions for fast return to an old release. I have that somewhat now actually.

I don't know if MC 2.1.999.999 is more stable. It depends on what you are doing with it as well. It sounds like many are having good results with the recent releases. It is harder for me to upgrade and downgrade than most since I have a secondary program I use which needs changing. Also MC6.0 is the only version since the one I am using that has the new features I am interested in. You can't down load it. It aborts about once every 2 or 3 weeks with a 30 second restart only. Pretty good.

John.

Return to “MultiCharts”