"Don't Remind/Ask Again Resets" in MC config menu

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

"Don't Remind/Ask Again Resets" in MC config menu

Postby bowlesj3 » 17 Jan 2010

I noticed that MC 6.0 now has an overwrite popup when I am saving charts as bmp files. This has added extra work which for me at least is a pain and has resulted in this idea which I think is very useful for everyone.

Specifically create a "Don't Remind/Ask Again Resets" database to be found in the config/setup section of MC. It would allow users to see all the popups that have a checkbox included for "Don't Remind/Ask Again". From this location they could turn them on or off in addition to the ability to turn them off from the popup itself. Of course this database would be key driven and from a TSS view point it would make it easy to add new ones.

So what I would do is I would turn off the BMP overwrite popup that you put in yet some other users might want it turned off then change thier mind later. Having all these located in one place with the name I am suggesting would make it easy for them to find it and make this change back. The key suggestion here is the name itself "Don't Remind/Ask Again Resets".

Maybe at some point if this database got really big you could organize it by category and provide the ability to do a string search to help the user find the database entry they are looking for.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jan 2010

It is probably a good idea to set it up so that Checking the checkbox at the popup to shut it off in the future could give a reminder of the reset menu and where it is.

Return to “MultiCharts”