Setting starting time for pivot reversals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Algyros

Setting starting time for pivot reversals

Postby Algyros » 15 Feb 2010

I'm running a number of automated strategies using Pivot Reversals as triggers. I would like to be able to set the starting time for the pivots. It appears that I need some code in order to accomplish that. If anyone knows what that code might be, I would be very grateful if you would share it with me.

Thanks,
Alex

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Feb 2010

you are not exactly providing a lot of information for people to give you a hand

anyway this should get you started...

Code: Select all

if time > 935 then
begin
{----- your strategy here -----}
end;

Algyros

Postby Algyros » 15 Feb 2010

You're right, I was not extremely clear.

I'm running a number of automated strategies that use pivot reversal signals. I have been told by the programmer who devised the strategy that the pivots signals are very different if you specify a start time for the pivots than if you don't, and that his strategies were developed with a start time of 9:30 EST.

Will the bit of code you suggested work given this slightly more expansive explanation?

Thank you for help.

Alex

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 Feb 2010

I would suggest you to get your programmer to explain/design/configure everything until you are satisfied that your strategy is working the way you want... It is your money, it is your strategy, it is up to you on how you want it to work.

From a distance, I can't give you any specifics without understanding your specifics.

Bear in mind, EasyLanguage can do pretty well any analysis you desired, all it takes is some time and some effort.

Return to “MultiCharts”