Changing Futures Names

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MicroTr

Changing Futures Names

Postby MicroTr » 23 Feb 2010

2nd attempt at post

Is there a way to change the displayed name of a future? I tried changing the ES H0 (esignal) to ES 03-10 so it would work with NT. However once I had done this I could not receive new data.

I tried also looking at custom futures. I could get the ES to work as ES 03-10 but not get data downloaded for YM 03-10 based on YM H0. Could someone advise me the proper procedure for renaming a future. I could not find anything relevant in the help guides.

MicroTr

Changing Futures Names

Postby MicroTr » 23 Feb 2010

Got in sorted out. looked at data for YM and ES and just copied settings into custom future with required name set. Communication between NT and Multicharts seems to now work - simples

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 24 Feb 2010

Would it be possible for TS Support to include an example set up like this (and in other common setups) to make it more clear how to arrange things to get different platforms to communicate? I too have had to learn how to set things up by copying and modifying in Quote Manager - so the more starting points there are there the easier this will be for users in the future and the lesser the support load of explaining the same thing over and over.

Return to “MultiCharts”