ASCII Map / Renko chart type backfill problem

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ctrlbrk

ASCII Map / Renko chart type backfill problem

Postby ctrlbrk » 18 Mar 2010

I'm using MC 6.0 beta 2.

I have QuoteManager setup with an ASCII data import of over 1 year of tick data and 1 year of minute data.

I confirm this by opening a chart and can select tick, minute, contract, point, kagi, or line break and everything will load file for the entire (>1 year) back historical period.

However, as soon as I switch to chart type of Renko, the backfill no longer works - my chart is empty "No data".

Why is this? It seems to be a bug. I've demonstrated the data is accurate and have provided tick data, why can a Renko chart not be built? The moment I switch to non-ASCII source, Renko works fine. But this is not a solution for me, because I need to import a few years of tick data and have it work.

Mike

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 18 Mar 2010

I didn't try it with tick data, but with 1 minute ascii data, I could only make basic bar charts. I don't think any of the other chart types worked. I didn't try tick data though. There does seem to be a bug with some ascii chart types, as tick data shouldn't be required for point , renko, kagi etc types using ascii data.
I hope to try tick data with various bar types this weekend.

ctrlbrk

Postby ctrlbrk » 19 Mar 2010

Thanks. I think you can reproduce it easily, I can reproduce it every time and have tried everything possible to NOT reproduce it, not once has it worked right.

So can perhaps another trader or two confirm this so MC can develop a fix?

Mike

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Mar 2010

This is a confirmed bug. We will fix it in MC6. Thank you!

ctrlbrk

Postby ctrlbrk » 23 Mar 2010

This is a confirmed bug. We will fix it in MC6. Thank you!
Thx Andrew, and welcome back!

Mike

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Mar 2010

Thanks Mike. I've been busy, but I will definitely dedicate more time to our community.

Return to “MultiCharts”