Question on backing up and restoring to another machine

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tmantrader

Question on backing up and restoring to another machine

Postby tmantrader » 29 Mar 2010

I am relatively new to MC and trying to replicate my current setup on another machine.

I backed up the three database files, and all of my workspaces, then installed a clean copy of MC on the new machine, then copied the three database files (.GDB files) and copied them to the Databases folder on the new machine, and copied my workspaces and brought them over as well.

What I don't seem to have are any of the symbols or my custom exchanges (most of my symbols were indices I loaded manually for IQFeed). I looked in my quote manager and it only seemed to have the default symbols. Is there another file I need to be bringing over to get my symbols?

Thanks for your help.

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Mar 2010

tmantrader

Yes, I had read that post and the knowledge base article before copying the .gdb files. Other than the .gdb and workspace files, it didn't mention any other files. Did I miss something?

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Mar 2010

you should copy the whole directory instead of just the 3 files.

tmantrader

I have actually tried it both ways (first time I tried the whole Databases directory, second time just the three files). i started with a fresh install each time. Do I need to do anything between the install and copying over the files, like run Multicharts on the new machine to initialize it or anything like that?

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Mar 2010

...not just the database directory, but the whole TS Support directory.

if it still does not work... call tech support:
http://www.tssupport.com/support/contacts/

Return to “MultiCharts”