Function to detect the Hidden Recaluclate

Studies that have been contributed to the community by other users. If you’ve got something useful to share, that’s great!
bowlesj3

Function to detect the Hidden Recaluclate

Postby bowlesj3 » 01 May 2010

Update: I created a 2nd post for this thread that has an attached indicator which explains how the maxbarsback works and shows what can trip the hidden recalculate. It write out two fileappend statements that help with the explaination.

The attached zip file contains the A_HiddenRecalculate function and a calling study example (both compile clean).

It takes a while to set it up but when it is complete you can be immediately notified if any of your studies it is installed in experiences the hidden recalculate due to whatever (changes you made, etc). I have included it in two of my studies only so far. Eventually I will have it in all of them.

Most of the documentation is in the top of the function itself as comments.

Most of what I am doing could be done using MC's EL if you know it well and if you also use the EL collection commands. You would have to set up a special interactive study for this which uses Text_GetActive. About the only thing I figure can not be done using a special study is opening the output file for display. I can do that directly from my notification popup. Without a special DLL or external program such as some sort of basic or database program you pretty much have to open that file with the standard windows commands.

Note that if you have to do a reload it will restart your studies and execute the currentbar=1 code again. This function will report it.

John.
Attachments
HiddenRecalculate.zip
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 582 times

bowlesj3

Re: Function to detect the Hidden Recaluclate

Postby bowlesj3 » 08 Oct 2017

I created this post (that has an attached indicator) to explain properly how the maxbarsback works and to explain what can trip the hidden recalculate. The script writes out two fileappend statements that help with the explanation. Two global variable functions are included in the PLA file. Normally the hidden recalculate is not a problem but if you are writing file append statements and you do not want duplicate writes you need to make sure you set your maxbarsback setting large enough to prevent the hidden recalculate.
Attachments
A_MaxBarsBackTest.pla
(25.54 KiB) Downloaded 636 times

Return to “User Contributed Studies and Indicator Library”