GREAT NEWS! THE GRAIL ON MULTICHARTS IS NOW STABLE!

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TradingPro

GREAT NEWS! THE GRAIL ON MULTICHARTS IS NOW STABLE!

Postby TradingPro » 09 May 2010

Hello Everyone,

We have some great news to report here.

As you may well know by now, Dennis from TSSupport/MultiCharts, Wouter from Technovest/TheGrail and myself have been working to resolve a number of stability issues that have plagued usage of The Grail on the parallel processing MultiCharts platform. Well I am very pleased to announce that together with the amazing support provided by both TSSupport and Technovest staff we have managed to overcome them.

This is a milestone for usage of The Grail.

I have just been able to complete extensive testing of recent enhancements/fixes and my results are that I have not experienced any stability or double trade issues when running The Grail on a 16 core server on the MultiCharts platform.

This is testimonial to the truly great support that is constantly being served by Dennis, his staff and Wouter:
To summarise, what this means for users such as myself that have already invested in a rack of multi-core servers or for users that are maybe considering this route, is that businesses can now move all of there processing needs to take full advantage of parallel processing on MultiCharts with complete confidence now that this stable milestone has been reached.

As you maybe can tell, as a customer of both TSSupport and Technovest I am delighted with what has been achieved here and wish to express once again my gratitude for the first class support and cooperation provided to get us all to this point.

Grant Ireland CEng
Chief Executive, Trading-Pro.com
Last edited by TradingPro on 05 Oct 2014, edited 2 times in total.

TradingPro

Postby TradingPro » 09 May 2010

Further, to my post above, I feel that I should point out that the double-trade issue that has now been resolved was never previously exclusive to only 8 core machines and above which is what I had expected all along.
There is indeed a much less chance that your cluster analysis results could have been affected by the issue on dual or quad core machines however you should be aware that the chance is not zero and so some of your findings may need rechecking if you are trading live with any of the results.

The solutions BTW are available with the current Beta3 release of MultiCharts and I am presuming Wouter’s next release of The Grail.

Bruce DeVault

Postby Bruce DeVault » 10 May 2010

It is my understanding as well that these issues are now resolved. Testing for performance and other issues is ongoing, but it is looking up.

tcat

Postby tcat » 10 May 2010

Great news indeed.

Return to “MultiCharts”