HDMS data farm connection is broken:ushmds2a

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
duration

Postby duration » 26 May 2010

Hello,

MC 6 beta 03 is plugged to TWS 904.6, and very often I receive the following message:
The connection usually back after a few seconds, but I wanted to hear if it often happens to any of you, if it is normal, and from where it happens (MC or IB)?

Many thanks,

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 26 May 2010

I experince same, my understanding is that it has to do with internet connection failure with IB Data Server-I could be wrong in my thinking.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 26 May 2010

Dear Sirs,

This error message is generated by TWS. It usually means that the internet connection is lost.

duration

Thank you Dave & SUPER.

janus

Postby janus » 26 May 2010

That's odd. HDMS is for the historical as distinct from the real-time data feed. It only comes up when you do something like a re-load in MC. After a few minutes the feed is disconnected. I do get a message like the one below when this happens:
TWS warning message: Id= -1; code= 2107; description= HMDS data farm connection is inactive but should be available upon demand.hkhmds2

Has something changed in 6.0?

duration, do you get the message after re-loading a chart and it fails to do so, or something?

duration

Hi Janus,

I get this message without re-loading any chart.

So far I have never been able to reload a chart using IB. It says "reloading" forever in the upper left hand corner, and I wait for 15 mn then restart MC..

janus

Postby janus » 26 May 2010

Sounds like you have a problem. I do get the same problem but very rarely - perhaps once a month - and I do re-loads many times during the week.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 26 May 2010

So far I have never been able to reload a chart using IB. It says "reloading" forever in the upper left hand corner, and I wait for 15 mn then restart MC..
Dear duration,

Could you please precise, what data (symbols, resolution) and for what time interval are you trying to reload?

Usually, IB do not provide lots of historical data or provide but in parts - i.e. 1 day of data every 10 minutes. So reloading with IB takes a lot of time.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 May 2010

don't forget, IB reboots its server once a day.
TWS connection will be lost momentarily (~30sec to 5 min).

reboot time:
USA server: ~ mid night ET
HK server: ~ 3:30am HK time

duration

Dear Dave,

I think the timeframe is not in my favour: it is the Point 5, and I am trying to load 1.5 week of data (which has already been downloaded).

My internet connection is broadband, but is not the fastest, this probably contribute to long reloading times.

Nevertheless, I have never been able to do a successful reload. Let me know if you need any log.

Many thanks,

Return to “MultiCharts”