Easylanguage example of autotrading with IB

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
faschim

Easylanguage example of autotrading with IB

Postby faschim » 05 Jun 2010

Hi all,
Could someone please post an example easy language code of how to code automatic trading using Multicharts and IB? I am playing around with it now but I am sure there are a lot of angles that I have forgotten about. (Check market posisiton if limit was not filled while Multicharts thinks its filled etc)

Frode

TJ

Postby TJ » 05 Jun 2010

MultiCharts comes with over 150 strategies.
Just right click on your chart and insert a few to try out.

if you need more help,
please see 1st and 2nd posts of this thread:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6929

faschim

Postby faschim » 05 Jun 2010

Thanks for your reply, however I was asking of code examples in relation to interfacing with the IB automatic trading - ie check position (if filled) and all sort of other instances that can happen.

NiC72

Postby NiC72 » 06 Jun 2010

You just have to try your stategi hadel with paper and then adapt your strategies. There is no solution that solves all problems.
If you experience a problem (eg. open position at the broker), search the forum to see how others solved it.
You will gain a greater understanding and then realize that you had to go through all your problems to get your strategy work.

glen demarco

Postby glen demarco » 07 Jun 2010

As far as I know the strategy you develop is independent of whatever broker you use for execution. Another words the EasyLanguage code itself is the same regardless of whether you use IB or any other execution broker.

Return to “MultiCharts”