Indicator Plotting Differently With Using RT Vs. Hist Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
eegroup

Indicator Plotting Differently With Using RT Vs. Hist Data

Postby eegroup » 18 Jun 2010

I have a simple indicator, applied to a Contract Bar Chart in MultiCharts (Version 6.0, Beta 3, Build 3276) with two Data Sets (DATA1 and DATA2). The "Update on every tick" selection is not checked and the indicator does not use IntraBarPersist. The indicator only needs to fire off, have the variables calculated, and do its plotting at the end of each bar.

The problem is that the indicator, when running on a chart with the bars being formed with a real time data feed from eSignal, will plot in one way, and when either (i) the chart is reloaded (CTRL R), or (ii) the chart is loaded from scratch using historical data stored in the MultiCharts databases, it will plot in a different way.

I need to have the charts loaded, whether they are loaded using a real time data feed or from historical data, to be displayed the same.

What do I need to do to make the charts match?

Has anyone experienced similar situations?

I have read elsewhere on the Forum that MultiCharts has a problem with IntraBarPersist working properly in Beta 3 due to some multithreading issues. Could the issue of the loading of real time data vs. historical data, also be related to a multithreading problem in MultiCharts?

Thank you in advance, for your reply.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 25 Jun 2010

Dear eegroup,

Could you please precise if the chart is plotted differently, when you do reload. eSignal has different servers for real-time and historical data which sometimes provide different quotes. When you reload the chart, MC gets data from eSignal historical server and the indicator is then recalculated on this new historical data.

Please try to turn the indicator on and then off without reloading the chart. If nothing changes, then the problem is in different data from eSignal.

Return to “MultiCharts”