High low midpoint

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
OneTick

High low midpoint

Postby OneTick » 07 Jul 2010

This is my first post, trying to learn EL thru tutorials. I am attempting to create a signal where I can enter a position in reference to where last bar (intraday) is between a time range

inputs:
myEntryTime ( 900),
myCutoffTime (1100);

if (time > myEntryTime) and (time < myCutoffTime) then begin

variables:
conditionMidpoint=0;
conditionHigh=0;
conditionLow=0;

//entry condition

if (close > ??? //trying to buy if close is greater then high of "inputs" range.

Basically get stumped here. I need to signify High low MIdpoint for the "inputs" range selected?

Any help would be appreciated

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Jul 2010

Dear OneTick,

Our programmers have analyzed your question. It is not the matter of an advice, coding of what you want to achieve will require some time. We provide custom programming services for additional price. If you are interested in custom programming, please contact us.

Nick

Postby Nick » 15 Jul 2010

Code: Select all

Inputs:
Session_Start(930), Session_End(1615);

vars:
G_H(0), G_L(0), Globex(false);

If Globex and Time >= Session_Start and time < Session_End then
Globex = false;

if not Globex and Time >= Session_End then begin // Should only execute first tick of Globex session
G_H=High; G_L=Low;
Globex = True;
end;

If Globex then begin
If High>G_H then G_H=High;
if Low< G_L then G_L=low;
end;

Plot1(G_H,"G-High");
Plot2(G_L,"G-Low");
This is something I wrote for someone else to illustrate a couple of useful techniques. I think you should be able to use the same idea. Actually it should be a lot simpler if your range is during a single day, this allows for a range split across two days wich makes the logic a little trickier. Single day should not require a 'flag'. I should say that I have not tested it (it was to illustrate a technique) but it should work.

Return to “MultiCharts”