Where to download MC 6 beta 3?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ventus

Where to download MC 6 beta 3?

Postby ventus » 30 Jul 2010

I installed the official version 6.0.3553.400 today and am constantly getting the "Your PC is running out of memory" warning and am looking to revert back to 6 beta 3. Can anyone direct me to where I can find that version? Thanks in advance.

Dave Masalov

Re: Where to download MC 6 beta 3?

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Jul 2010

Dear ventus,

This message is just a warning to let you know that you're using a considerable amount of memory ressources. It does not affect the performance. Beta 3 worked the same way as the Release, just without the warning.

Could you please precise how many charts are you plotting? What time resolution, for what period? What signals, indicators and drawings do you have on the charts? Also please precise what is your data provider.

ventus

i was backtesting a strategy on a 10min es chart, 7 years back, no indicators. i'm running an i7-720 12gigs ram so hardware shouldn't be a problem. i'm guessing it's like what you said, that it's the same as beta 3 but this time with warning messages. however, the problem is now it's crashing if i ignore the warnings and continue with the backtesting, forcing me to restart. before with beta 3, i never had a single problem testing this strategy on 5min or even 1min bars and never once crashed my multicharts.

ventus

forgot to add that i was using imported historical data for testing

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 30 Jul 2010

I had the same out of memory problem with beta 4. if I let charting continue after the error, charting would shut down(crash) overnight.
I had to go back to beta2 for stability. I'm trying the new 6.0 , so far ok on my Win7 laptop, going to try it on XP sp3 next. (where beta4 was crashing).

ventus

Postby ventus » 31 Jul 2010

I had the same out of memory problem with beta 4. if I let charting continue after the error, charting would shut down(crash) overnight.
I had to go back to beta2 for stability. I'm trying the new 6.0 , so far ok on my Win7 laptop, going to try it on XP sp3 next. (where beta4 was crashing).

sptrader or anybody else that can help: where can i download beta 3 again? i looked around on the new website and couldn't find anything. my multicharts has been constantly crashing ever since i updated to the official 6.0 and would like to revert back. thanks

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Aug 2010

Dear ventus,

Please send us the historical data that you have imported as well as your signals.

Also please precise, how many charts do you plot, how many bars are there on the charts, do you use Real-Time Market Scanner?

Could you please attach the screenshot of the error message: what process is causing running out of memory issue?

What are you doing after the warning message? When does MC crash?

Moreover, the engineers ask you to send us your log files for further investigation of the problem. You can find log files here "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts\".
You should paste this line in Start --> Run and in the window that will pop up make a zip-folder.

Please send all the information to dmasalov@multicharts.com

Return to “MultiCharts”