Charting RENKO Bars

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
CRC

Charting RENKO Bars

Postby CRC » 07 Sep 2010

While M/C does an accurate job of using Tick Data to create RENKO Bars, It seems that M/C counts each individual tick as a separate bar when calculating its 5 million allowable bars per chart. Unfortunately, 5 million ticks may be only several days worth of RENKO bar data, depending on selected "brick" size chosen.

How do I overcome this limitation? Obviously, backtesting strategies involve more than days or weeks of data. I created a simple ES Chart, using 4 points as the RENKO brick size. The Chart stops at 200+ bars, or less than 1 month.

Can I overide the 5 million limit? This is a deal breaker for RENKO chart users.

Dave Masalov

Re: Charting RENKO Bars

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Sep 2010

Dear CRC,

To increase max number of bars on the chart, you should modify the following registry settings (Start --> Run --> Regedit):

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts\Shaper
MaxBarsCount

Normally, we do not recommecnd to increase this value. However, if you will use only one chart, you can increase it to 15000000.

chilli

Postby chilli » 25 Dec 2015

Version 8 or around then I could adjust the max bars and get around 2 years of renko forex data on tick bars, the Version 9 seems to not work as good now. Only uses about 60 % of ram while loading and then stalls and does not load up more quotes, previously MC would run up to 95 % then pause and wait for ram usage to drop and then continue loading. I realize this is not advised, but I run only one chart to cut resources , any way to get more tick renko bars loaded up ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jan 2016

Version 8 or around then I could adjust the max bars and get around 2 years of renko forex data on tick bars, the Version 9 seems to not work as good now. Only uses about 60 % of ram while loading and then stalls and does not load up more quotes, previously MC would run up to 95 % then pause and wait for ram usage to drop and then continue loading. I realize this is not advised, but I run only one chart to cut resources , any way to get more tick renko bars loaded up ?
Hello chilli,

Please continue the conversation on this case with Dave directly.

Return to “MultiCharts”