Best PC setup makes MC Optimization produce fastest results

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
Forex500

Best PC setup makes MC Optimization produce fastest results

Postby Forex500 » 11 Sep 2010

I am optimizing my trading strategy using MCFX Pro and the optimization that I run for my strategy takes a while to process, because I have alot of variables and inputs in my signal and am doing a lot of optimization tests. Currently i'm doing these tests with my laptop that has a Core 2 Duo processor, which is not adequate. I decided the best thing for me to do is to build a very fast PC, so it can get done faster. I was told that by default the optimization process uses all the cores of the CPU to optimize and the more cores the faster the optimization; The frequency of a core affect how fast one calculation is performed while the number of cores affect the number of simultaneous calculations that can be performed

So my question is for everyone, In your opinion What is the best CPU or CPU combination with motherboard I should use to have MC Optimization give the fastest results in the shortest times? I heard that the best thing for me to do is to get a 4 socket motherboard with 6 core CPU so a total of 24 quick cores. Should I use Intel or AMD? New Xeon 6 cores or Opteron 8/12 cores? 2 socket motherboard or 4 socket ? What do you think and why? Has anyone tested anything like this with different CPUs to see which one performed the best in MC Optimization? I am solely going to use this PC for trading. I'm sure there is people out there that know more than me on these types of things and I would appreciate your help.

Your input will greatly benefit me and everyone who reads this.

Thank You

Return to “MCFX”