How to set BigPointValue within strategy code?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Adam333

How to set BigPointValue within strategy code?

Postby Adam333 » 01 Nov 2010

Hi,

I would like to set BigPointValue (BPV) within my strategy's code. Can someone please give me some assistance in writing the code that will set BPV such that all my performance stats are in dollars. Keep in mind that there are cross currency pairs such as GBPJPY.

Thanks
Adam

Dave Masalov

Re: How to set BigPointValue within strategy code?

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Nov 2010

Dear Adam,

Big point value cannot be set within the code. You should set BPV manually equal to the exchange rate of your base currency to dollar multiplied by the size of the lot, then all the values in the report will be displayed in dollars. Unfortunately, you cannot use real-time exchange rates at the moment.

Adam333

Postby Adam333 » 02 Nov 2010

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. Being able to configure BPV dynamically is required in order to execute proper risk management/position sizing during back-testing. I am sure you have had this request before, but if not, may I suggest adding to MC the ability to either (1) set BPV from within code, or (2) have MC set BPV automatically by using FX data files and user selected reporting currency.

Keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Adam

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 02 Nov 2010

Dear Adam,

I have forwarded your suggestions to the developers. We will take them into consideration.

Adam333

Postby Adam333 » 02 Nov 2010

Thank you

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 26 May 2011

I was wondering if it's possible to set strategy parameters (such as initial capital and commissions) from within the strategy code. So far, this seems not possible. Can this be done?

Regards,
Josh

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 27 May 2011

I was wondering if it's possible to set strategy parameters (such as initial capital and commissions) from within the strategy code. So far, this seems not possible. Can this be done?

Regards,
Josh
Dear Josh,

No, these cannot be set from within the code. The keywords can access the values you set for these fields in the Strategy Properties.

Return to “MultiCharts”