Time And Sales

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MicroTrader

Time And Sales

Postby MicroTrader » 11 Jan 2011

When MC 7.0 is released will it have Time and Sales information? At the moment I have to use a free charting package to show this information. Is there any way to display this information in MC at the present using an indicator/strategy? Obviously the data can be supplied by the data stream but there appears no way to display it currently.

Dave Masalov

Re: Time And Sales

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Jan 2011

Dear MicroTrader,

Unfortunately, you cannot get Time and Sales in MultiCharts. It is not planned for MC 7. You can post a feature request in Project Management.

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 16 Jan 2011

I suggest you to read carefully this thread.
http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... les#p35980
There you can find a code that plots time&sales on the side of the chart, created by Solidus from TS Forum.

Hope this help you

MicroTrader

Postby MicroTrader » 17 Jan 2011

CrazyNasdaq

Thanks very much for this (and to the author) it is just what I wanted.

I have a number of charting packages and for many reasons I always have preferred Multicharts. However the lack of Time and Sales information has been a real pain.

MicroTrader

Franck

Postby Franck » 17 Jan 2011

I posted a feature request in Project Management to get the time and sales information just here: http://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissue ... _no=MC-124

esignal, NT, TS, SC etc... propose the time and sales window.

This tool is just an obligation for scalping and trading with DOM...
Attachments
tape reading.png
Tape reading
(26.77 KiB) Downloaded 1201 times

CrazyNasdaq

Postby CrazyNasdaq » 17 Jan 2011

You can have the same requests that you ask in your thread with the code above, just take a look at the code and if you want, you can modify it to your personal prefereces.
Filter block size order
Have N numbers of rows
color ask or bid with different colors

Franck

Postby Franck » 18 Jan 2011

Thank you CrazyNasdaq, I will try the code.

But I still think a time and sales window by default, like for the competitors, would be an advantage for MultiCharts.

and, yes, for me too... ;-)

Franck

Postby Franck » 24 Jan 2011

Hello,

I tried the code sent by CrazyNasdaq.
It's impossible to use this indicator for real scalping. When the volatility increase, some lines disappear during 1 seconde.
Another problem is the display's fluidity, it's very tiring for the eyes.

This indicator is good but not for discretionary approach.

Sincerely,

Franck

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 26 Jan 2011

I just posted on this in a different thread and then noticed this discussion. Time & Sales has been requested a number of times in the past, and the persistent reluctance of the MC developers/management to implement this essential feature is rather odd and certainly doesn't increase MC's chances of becoming a useful discretionary trading platform. What is the rationale for this reluctance? Every half-decent discretionary trading software out there has T&S but MC won't implement it even after being repeatedly asked to make it available?

MicroTrader

Postby MicroTrader » 26 Jan 2011

I have another trading software package that does everything except you cannot draw a line and set an alert if the line is crossed. I know people have asked for years for this to be included with no effect. I wonder sometimes if this is a problem to do with patenting.

I can understand however with up to now with no DOM being available and MC really for automated trading, the MC people did not think it a priority. However if they now want to appeal more to discretionary traders by including a DOM, T&S should really be included.

Incidentially on asking about the product before buying, and commenting on the lack of T&S I was advised of the following in an email from Sergee in March 2009

"In one of the future standard versions of MultiCharts we will have TradeManager included. We are also planning to implement Time and Sales later this year."

Clearly they were considering including T&S back then!

MicroTrader

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 26 Jan 2011

Dear Sirs,

We realize the importance of Time & Sales and we plan to implement this feature. It has not been done yet because all the resources were occupied by manual trading and soon our users will be able to see that we have done a lot in this area.

FogChaser2011

Postby FogChaser2011 » 26 Jan 2011

Please understand that T&S is not a optional feature but a must have functionality for discretionary (or what you call manual) trading. It is a must have tool and you should have prioritized it much higher a long time ago. Things like trading off the charts are nice to have but it doesn't matter how much energy you put into them if your platform does not have the functionality that really matters. You should really focus on a well-designed DOM and T&S if you actually want to make MC a suitable to use discretionary trading platform rather than just a nice to look at one. Previous replies of MC representatives to T&S requests were consistently negative, indicating lack of understanding of what really matters for reali life discretionary trading applications. Could you please specify when T&S will be made available?

MicroTrader

Postby MicroTrader » 26 Jan 2011

This is excellent news. I can quite understand that your priorities are to get the manual trading
sorted out first. Hopefully with manual trading and Time and Sales you will be able to attract many discretionary traders to use your product.

MicroTrader

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 27 Jan 2011

Could you please specify when T&S will be made available?
Dear FogChaser2011,

We are working on MC 7 Beta which will be released soon (by the way, it will have improved DOM comparing to Pre-Alpha version). Then we plan to gradually add new feautres in 7.x versions of MultiCharts. Time and Sales will be one of these features.

SP

Postby SP » 09 Jul 2012

Dave,

is there any news regarding native times and sales, as window in the program and usable in PowerLanguage and studies?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jul 2012

Dave,

is there any news regarding native times and sales, as window in the program and usable in PowerLanguage and studies?
Hello SP,

There are no updates on time and sales feature yet. You can vote for it and check the status in the Project Management system of our website.

Return to “MultiCharts”