What is MultiCharts Discretionary Trader

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
admin

What is MultiCharts Discretionary Trader

Postby admin » 31 Jan 2011

MultiCharts Discretionary Trader is a free version of our award-winning trading software. It was designed for traders that require professional charting, traditional indicators, and trade using a DOM or chart trading. The quality standard for free trading software just got taken to a whole new level, since most of the features of the regular MultiCharts package are now available at absolutely no cost to you. And you can keep using our free trading platform for as long as you wish.

This free version was designed specifically for traders that don’t need custom indicators or algorithmic trading. If you wish to write or import Easylanguage (trademark of TS), or PowerLanguage indicators and strategies, you will need to purchase the regular version of MultiCharts. However, you can still use the built-in traditional EasyLanguage indicators, strategies, and third-party add-ons.

In return for providing this free software to you, we ask that you respect the copyrights of the authors and do not distribute the software yourself. If you need to share it, you should always link to our site and provide full credit when discussing the software.

Re: What is MultiCharts Discretionary Trader

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2011

Cool

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 01 Feb 2011

Does this mean that Stan has announced "MultiScalper add-on module now available for download"? (just kidding - See http://www.multicharts.com/discussion/v ... 914#p34945)

Very Nice!

However I am disappointed MCDT is not called "MultiScalper". :)
Last edited by RobotMan on 01 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.

geizer

Postby geizer » 02 Feb 2011

Real nice.
I "envy" in a good sense all the new users coming onboard who now have a chance to take an advantage of all great charting capabilities of Discretionary Trading for free. It now offers everything I needed plus much more when I started as discretionary trader. But again I wanted to automate one day and that made possible by Multichart full license.
All in all I think the free version is the right move.
Congratulations.

YS

Postby YS » 02 Feb 2011

Hello,

Thanks, this is exactly what I need. If this thing is doing what I want it to do I might step up and buy a full license. Thanks multicharts.

arnie

Postby arnie » 02 Feb 2011

Will this MC DT version be the final one?

Meaning, after the release of the final version of MC 7, MC DT will see also a final version, or this alpha version is the final one?

regards

TJ

Postby TJ » 02 Feb 2011

Will this MC DT version be the final one?

Meaning, after the release of the final version of MC 7, MC DT will see also a final version, or this alpha version is the final one?

regards
"Alpha" means "First Cut".
ie. unrefined, unproven, unpolished... incomplete, but ready for testing.

"Beta" testing generally begins when the software is feature complete.
This is the proofing process before the final release.

see this for more explanation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_r ... life_cycle

Soma

Postby Soma » 08 Feb 2011

Awesome, can't wait to try this out tonight.

Return to “MultiCharts”