Updated target date for MC7 beta?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tcat

Updated target date for MC7 beta?

Postby tcat » 02 Mar 2011

When can we expect MC7 to be released?

Thierry

sptrader

Re: Updated target date for MC7 beta?

Postby sptrader » 03 Mar 2011

Yes, I've been wondering where it is as well.
We were told end of Feb, so it should be here soon, I hope.

Tresor

Postby Tresor » 03 Mar 2011

Yes, I've been wondering where it is as well.
We were told end of Feb, so it should be here soon, I hope.
There are still a few bugs to fix.

SP

Postby SP » 08 Mar 2011

Any news on this topic?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 08 Mar 2011

Dear Sirs,

Unfortunately due to unforeseeen circumstances we are forced to delay the release of the MC7 beta. The release is estimated to happen at the end of March, or first-part of April 2011.

As for new features, we have finished sequence id and intrabarpersist improvement. Also, calculation of the studies on multiple data streams has been improved. At the moment we are fixing all reported issues. MC7 beta should be the most stable MultiCharts beta ever.

Then, in the official release version, we plan to fix all the bugs ever reported in all MC versions.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 08 Mar 2011

Thanks for the update Dave- the improvements sound great !

tcat

Postby tcat » 09 Mar 2011

Thanks for the update.

I think focusing on the stability of the beta releases is a good point. The alpha-beta approach tssupport has adopted for this release is consistent with what other companies do in their development cycles. Although this takes time, this is clearly an improvement over previous beta which have been released in the past.

Once again, patience is key to all that we do.

Cheers,
Thierry

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 09 Mar 2011

As for new features, we have finished sequence id and intrabarpersist improvement. Also, calculation of the studies on multiple data streams has been improved.
Wow!
At the moment we are fixing all reported issues. MC7 beta should be the most stable MultiCharts beta ever.

Then, in the official release version, we plan to fix all the bugs ever reported in all MC versions.
Wow, Wow, Wow!!

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 09 Mar 2011

Dear Sirs,

I would like to point out again that the development of new features has been completed. We are working on improving quality of the old ones at the moment. It's possible to release beta of MC7 at any time. However, we want to release a completely new and very stable version of MultiCharts. We believe that with every new version we should make a step up in terms of quality.

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 Mar 2011

We can only say thank you for the services that you guys provide to us.

One of the things that I would love to see in this version and already requested at the Project Management page, is the tick by tick playback with different time frames, but using the same instrument.
Since you are investing in the discretionary aspect of trading in this new version, the playback feature is one of the most important, if not the most important tool that a discretionary trader has to work with.

A friend of mine told me that one of yours competitors, which name I don't know if I can say here, just release a version where we can even playback tick by tick using different instruments with different time frames, something that he is completely in love with. He told me that during the weekends it's like the markets are still open with all charts and markets being played back.

Well, for now I would request only the tick by tick using the same instrument with different time frames, this would be enough for now, at least for me.

Regards,
Fernando

Return to “MultiCharts”