How to set time display to correct time  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

How to set time display to correct time

Postby Guest » 09 Mar 2011

How may time on charts be set correctly in agreement with time on PC? The time on my charts is off by 50 minutes compared to correct time on the PC. For example chart shows start time for a bar on 10 minute chart of 13:50 when the correct time on the PC is 14:40 at the start of that bar.

TJ

Re: How to set time display to correct time

Postby TJ » 09 Mar 2011

How may time on charts be set correctly in agreement with time on PC? The time on my charts is off by 50 minutes compared to correct time on the PC. For example chart shows start time for a bar on 10 minute chart of 13:50 when the correct time on the PC is 14:40 at the start of that bar.
The bars times are the ending time of the bar. (EOB)
This is the generally accepted format of most of the charting software on the market.

MultiCharts uses your computer's clock.

You can set the chart to different times other than the computer's clock:

Right click on chart > Format Instrument > Settings
under Display,
choose Time Zone:

1. local time
2. exchange time

Postby Guest » 10 Mar 2011

All other charts I've ever used uses the beginning time of the bar which I suppose would be abbreviated BOB. If MultiCharts bar times are EOB, then chart times shown are off by exactly one hour. The closing bar for the mini S&P500 ( symbol ESH1) show 15:15 but PC clock shows 16:15 at close of that bar which is the correct time since I'm in the eastern time zone. Why does MultiCharts show one hour difference, and how might I get it to agree with correct time on the PC clock?

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2011

All other charts I've ever used uses the beginning time of the bar which I suppose would be abbreviated BOB. If MultiCharts bar times are EOB, then chart times shown are off by exactly one hour. The closing bar for the mini S&P500 ( symbol ESH1) show 15:15 but PC clock shows 16:15 at close of that bar which is the correct time since I'm in the eastern time zone. Why does MultiCharts show one hour difference, and how might I get it to agree with correct time on the PC clock?
Where is mini S&P500 ( symbol ESH1) traded?

Postby Guest » 11 Mar 2011

It's traded on the CME that's in the central time zone I believe. In Quote Manager under Edit Data it has Exchange for time zone. If I select Local for time zone there and click OK, it still shows Exchange for time zone in Quote Manager when I check it again. Is there a way to change default setting to Local for time zone which should then agree with PC time?

TJ

Re: How to set time display to correct time  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 11 Mar 2011

It's traded on the CME that's in the central time zone I believe. In Quote Manager under Edit Data it has Exchange for time zone. If I select Local for time zone there and click OK, it still shows Exchange for time zone in Quote Manager when I check it again. Is there a way to change default setting to Local for time zone which should then agree with PC time?
You can set the chart to different times other than the computer's clock:

Right click on chart > Format Instrument > Settings

under Display,
choose Time Zone:

1. local time
2. exchange time

Postby Guest » 13 Mar 2011

That does have chart times agree with PC clock time. Thanks for the easy solution.

TJ

Postby TJ » 13 Mar 2011

That does have chart times agree with PC clock time. Thanks for the easy solution.
you are welcome.

Return to “MultiCharts”