connecting to IB data feed

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Misha04

connecting to IB data feed

Postby Misha04 » 23 Mar 2011

Hi - I am switching from iQ feed to IB data, sacrificing tick data to save the 165/month. But I am having trouble connecting to the IB data feed to add symbols. I am logged into TWS, but when I try to add a symbol on a chart, it says "waiting" or "connecting" and strays like that for twenty minutes....is there some trick to get the data moving?

TJ

Re: connecting to IB data feed

Postby TJ » 23 Mar 2011

Hi - I am switching from iQ feed to IB data, sacrificing tick data to save the 165/month. But I am having trouble connecting to the IB data feed to add symbols. I am logged into TWS, but when I try to add a symbol on a chart, it says "waiting" or "connecting" and strays like that for twenty minutes....is there some trick to get the data moving?
have you set up your QM to connect to TWS?

Tools > Data Sources

select Interactive Brokers

Activate

for additional help,
see this video:
Creating chart from Interactive Brokers data source
https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

JackR

Re: connecting to IB data feed

Postby JackR » 25 Mar 2011

Hi - I am switching from iQ feed to IB data, sacrificing tick data to save the 165/month.
Misha:

Looks like TJ answered your question.

Remember that MC has the capability to import data in ASCII format. If there is some historical data that you use from iQ (or can can still retrieve) that goes back beyond IB's approximately one year of retrievable data you can add it to MC using the Data Import function.

You might want to do that before your iQ subscription expires.

Jack

Return to “MultiCharts”