Patssystem change password?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
glam_100

Patssystem change password?

Postby glam_100 » 08 Apr 2011

Hi, my broker forces me to change my password every 3 months. Is there a way to change Patssystem password with MC?

Thanks!

Stan Bokov

Re: Patssystem change password?

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

Hi, my broker forces me to change my password every 3 months. Is there a way to change Patssystem password with MC?

Thanks!
Just retype it into the program. It will be saved locally in an encrypted format.

glam_100

I'm sorry I wasn't being clear.

What I was actually asking is how do I initiate a patsystem password change with MC?

There is no client application involved in PATS API accounts and the only way to initiate a password change is to thru the PATS API. MC doesn't seem to have implemented the password change function?

Stan Bokov

There is no way to change it through MC. You can either do it through your clearing house, or through Patsystems, we are not sure which one. I believe this email address GSD@patsystems.com is used for live issues at Patsystems, you can try starting there.

glam_100

should I make a feature request in the pm page? it is a necessary function for Pats account. I have called my broker and they say for Pats api accounts the software package has to initiate the password change. They wont change the password for me for security reason. There is no other way to change passwords and they force a password change every three months or the logon will be disabled. This is serious issue for some Pats account users with strict brokers. i havent used many software packages but only MC and NT. The change password function is implemented in NT.

Please advise what I should do thanks!

Stan Bokov

please add the feature request to the PM.

Return to “MultiCharts”