Chart Trading - MC and IB, Crazy Orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MC_Prog

Chart Trading - MC and IB, Crazy Orders

Postby MC_Prog » 08 Apr 2011

Hi.

Took a spin with chart-trading yesterday using MC 7.1 Beta and IB 914.8.

I liked the interface alot, and initially things seemed to work well.

However, at a certain point MC went crazy and placed orders from "out of nowhere":

As I did not confirm these, they did not go out, but clearly this should not happen.

This was observed more than once.

I think further testing may be in order ...
Attachments
MC_7.1_Beta_CrazyOrders_EMD_02b.jpg
Crazy Orders
MC_7.1_Beta_CrazyOrders_EMD_02b.jpg (57.91 KiB) Viewed 204 times

Stan Bokov

Re: Chart Trading - MC and IB, Crazy Orders

Postby Stan Bokov » 08 Apr 2011

That definitely sounds strange, we did not observe any orders generated when they were not supposed to during testing. Orders are always generated by something. I noticed on the screenshot you had autotrading turned on, so this is what may have happened. If you have a strategy that incorporates MarketPositionAtBroker, and reacts to any changes, any manual trades you place might get a reaction from your strategy.

You can also use the Order and Position Tracker to see where the orders came from. Keep us posted.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 08 Apr 2011

Stan Bokov wrote: I noticed on the screenshot you had autotrading turned on, so this is what may have happened.

Hi. I do not see that. The SA light is dark. To what are you referring?

If autotrading was turned on, that was by mistake, not by intent. I don't think there were any strategies even applied. Certainly it is early in the game, and driver error is possible, but at this point I don't know what that error would be.

Stan Bokov wrote:You can also use the Order and Position Tracker to see where the orders came from. Keep us posted.
That occurred to me (having read the release notes), but I can't find the thing! There is no entry in the Help file for 'Order and Position Tracker', and I don't see it in any of the menus.

Please excuse me if I'm missing the obvious, but can you tell me where it is?

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 11 Apr 2011

OPT is in MultiCharts > File > New > Order and Position Tracker window. Please provide us with a clear test case, and we will look into it.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 11 Apr 2011

Stan Bokov wrote:OPT is in MultiCharts > File > New > Order and Position Tracker window.
Sure 'nuff. Thank you!

Return to “MultiCharts”